PDA

View Full Version : Mind numbing job contribute's to anxiety

Dan21
16-05-06, 08:36
Does anyone else have the problem of working such a mind numbing job during the day, that your mind wanders so much you end up dwelling on your symptoms / anxiety etc?

The job I do is so mundane it really doesnt help my state of mind sometimes. At least I'm going part time in the summer.

-----------------------------
Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift
Glide me towards you.....

Silly Blonde
16-05-06, 09:18
I'm with you all the way on that! I'm a lawyer and so when I'm busy, the symptoms are still there, but not as bad, but during a quiet spell I tend to sit and worry....and Google!

The trick is to keep busy - easier said than done I know!

Take care

SB x

Miss Pink
16-05-06, 09:21
Hi Dan,

I agree with you and SB completely! My job has become so repetitive (finance in a College) that I completely wander off and end up concentrating on my anxiety a lot of the time.

I think I definately need a new job, but am a bit too afraid as its "comfortable" here !!!

Have you thought about looking for another job at all?

Take Care

‹(•Ώ•)› Rachael xx ‹(•Ώ•)›

Dan21
16-05-06, 09:37
Hi Guys,

Rach, I have. I'm starting a full time degree in September to study Art & Design. Luckily I have a module to complete in July which will keep me away from work for 3 solid weeks (yipee!!).

SB, I agree totally. I have completely ceased all Google activity to do with symptoms. Nothing good EVER comes from it in my experience. Good luck for the wedding to by the way. :D I'm sure you will have the best time ever.

Its not often I post this, but I am so glad that I found this site. Its been, no, it is a real support for me in times like these.

Dan

Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift

Miss Pink
16-05-06, 09:48
Dan,

I'm so jealous ;)- wish I could go back to Uni sigh......lol. I made the mistake of taking the first job offered to me after I graduated a few years back and stayed here. I'm glad you wrote your post as its encouraging me to look for other jobs again....in fact I'll use the time I normally spend worrying to look for other jobs !

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time once you start your degree - so enjoy it !

Take care and let us know how you get on !

‹(•Ώ•)› Rachael xx ‹(•Ώ•)›

hayles
16-05-06, 10:22
Er........yep i am with you all on this1
So bored so very bored.
I need to change my job and am looking but not very actively. thought i would till after the wedding before I really started looking! Like Rach, am scared to change in case my panics get really bad again!

Maybe a change is what I need to freshen myself up!

The fact that i spend most of my time at work posting on here is not good!

lol xxxx

Hay x

Dan21
16-05-06, 16:01
snap[:I]

Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift

Dan21
16-05-06, 16:39
Does anyone get really nervous before they come to work? My job is pretty sterile, but I still get the jitters about coming in. And for no reason either. I’m not being harassed at work, no real pressure or stresses but I still sometimes get very anxious about attending.

The best likeness I can give is it is a similar feeling that I would get as a child when I was left at school. Infact, now I come to think of it, it’s almost exactly like that.

Am I alone in this feeling?

Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift

hayles
16-05-06, 16:43
I feel the same sometimes.
before christmas it was really bad where i was off sick for a week as the thought terrified me and after that i was constantly in the toilot crying coz i just wanted to be home

its not as bad now as it was but i still sometimes feel the great urge to just drive past the office in the mornings!

Sometimes the urge to pull a sicky is so great the effort to go in is immense!

Hay x

marie ross
16-05-06, 17:06
Hi Dan

My job has no pressures what so ever (bar maid), just pulling pint after pint and listening to all the old blokes putting the world to rights!!!! But every morning i feel sick and anxious about going there, don't know why????? I've done it every day now for years and the feelings are still there, i'm guessing that its just habit, but can't get rid of them.

Marie XXX

Wenjoy
16-05-06, 18:31
Yeah - Dan21 I agree - i have been in same job 5 years and get anxious about going in and tho if Im busy I forget my anxiety - sometimes I feel hot and breathless and feel I will faint - Im lookin for another job but also terrified as its out of my "comfort zone" and interviews scare me but I cant just sit here and rot....... sounds a bit melodramatic - sorry - just sound off really. Love Wenjoy x

Daisybun
16-05-06, 21:44
I'm afraid my job has contributed big time to my stress level and the resulting anxiety, yes it keeps me busy but when it gets bad that is the cause of my stress. I'm trying to find times in the day at work when i get away from the constant pressure. Didn't work last term but gonna have to find ways of solving that one.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Coni
17-05-06, 07:21
Hi,

I'm with daisybun....my job is one of the major triggers for me (disappointing as its what I've always wanted to do). I cant switch off from it so even when I'm not there I'm thinking about it. Its really bad just now and every day is a real struggle to go in...knot in stomach, palpitations, feeling sick,tearful...and I have to try so hard not to turn the car round and go back home. I was off sick for 7 months last year so cant go off again and I know thats not the answer. I am looking for another job, but much as I hate this one I'm also terrified of anything new (like you Wenjoy). Dont know what the answer is really.

Coni X

SickofIt
17-05-06, 22:16
Yes, yes, yes!! I was laid off from my boring, mind numbing job last week and being home is even worse.