PDA

View Full Version : Phew there are others : )

happy13
12-09-11, 21:23
Hi All,
First I have to say what a relief it is to find you guys, It really helps me remember that I'm not going insane, I'm propably not going to have a heart attack/stroke/cancer etc etc....Thank you.
Until a couple of months ago I thought all was fine, I have had a very tough year with family berevements, my youngest son was very ill for a time (all better now) was worried my Dad had alzimers (as it happens he hasn't he has anxiety!) but I thought I was coping well, I have a lovely life and am very happy. Then WHAM! i started getting mild panic attacks which very quickly became very bad untill I was having 4 a day and highly anxious the rest of the time. I have become fixated on health issues (at the moment it's my heart) The Doc has put me on 20mg Citalopram, which made me very very bad for 4-5 days, but am gradually feeling better.
A week or so ago I spoke to a marvelous man on the Anxiety allience help line, who spoke some truths and really helped me.
I have been feeling really well the past week, no panic attacks for 6 days, however last night woke up feeling "fizzy" then today dizzy again, chest pains, horrid thoughts, but the thing bugging me the most is Why? there is no difference today than yesterday and it really frustrates me that I can not find a cause or reason. People have said that I might never know and to accept that but I find it very hard. Most of the time my mind is in a good place and quite rational.
Sorry to waffle on but should add something personal. Am am Mum of 4 fantastic children 10,5,3,1. Lucky enough to be a housewife, which is a tough job but I love it. And i have a lovely supportive Husband, he doesn't understand what is going on, but he is always there and never asks anything of me, he is my rock.
Look forward to getting to know some of you. Good Luck
xxx

nomorepanic
12-09-11, 21:24
Hi happy13

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.