PDA

View Full Version : back pain and other stuff

anxiousagain
12-09-11, 21:54
Hey guys,
I've visited this site for many years but I've never actually posted anything so here it goes....

All this craziness started back in June. In July, August & Sept I had ovulation pains but of course I'm equating those to ovarian cyst. THEN, out of no where I convinced myself that it was actually ovarian cancer, not just a cyst. While I'm still nervous about that all of the sudden my back started to hurt a few days ago and it hasn't gotten better since. Of course I'm thinking the worst possible like I have a spinal tumor or some other serious condition.

For those of you who have suffered from anxiety/stress related back pain, where was yours located? Mine is lower back and radiates between my shoulder blades and at the base of my neck. I just need to reassurance cause I'm freaking out a little bit. It's just so hard to get stress under control! Even when I don't feel stressed, subconsciously I still am!

SH412
12-09-11, 22:19
I was getting lower back pain for a while.. was also really bad shooting pains from back of hips down to thighs would last a few seconds and then general dull ache throughout the day! As soon as I stopped obsessing about it and moved on to my next crazy health worry it disappeared xx

Aussie11
13-09-11, 08:43
I had similar thing last year that I posted about. I was worrying about ovaries and bowel, and once I'd had colonoscopy and bowel was fine, the back pain got worse. It was low down and radiated into hip areas. I remember describing it as like a migraine in my back. I also got aching in mid back as well. I convinced myself I had spinal tumour so had MRI scan on whole spine, then found it was all fine. Had physio on it which helped and also heat packs that you stick on to skin helped. Once scan was fine I stopped worrying and things did get better.

anxiousagain
15-09-11, 18:11
Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's still a little tight/uncomfortable but I hopefully it's getting better! HA is no fun!