PDA

View Full Version : Panic taking over

Bambi84
12-09-11, 22:03
I have been having more and more panic attacks lately. I've changed medication 3 times and am beginning to lose the will. I'm sick of it ruling my life and I just feel so useless. I have started hyperventalating at night in my sleep and so now I dont sleep.
I spend my days worrying, about little things from not being able to find my pen to big things oout of my control like being hit by buses. I become attached to things and don't like loosing them.
I just spend my life unable to breathe, crying and worrying
Can anyone recommend anything?
At the moment I just want to sleep adn not wake up.

Gemma T
12-09-11, 23:06
Sorry to hear your having a ruff time.

Are you in theraphy? x x x

xxlisaxx08
13-09-11, 00:02
Hi Bambi,

Have you ever tried CBT? There is a course you can do online www.llttf.com - It sounds like something may have happened lately to kick start the old viscous circle of anxiety and panic? You know like your thinking affecting your behaviour, your behaviour affecting your thinking etc. CBT is really useful for this and always seems to get me out of the never ending anxiety that haunts me from time to time. Unfortunately though it isn't a quick fix.

Hope things get better soon.

Lisa x

M155anthr0p3
13-09-11, 10:46
Over what period of time have you changed meds 3 times? I think that's probably not helping to be honest.

CBT will indeed break the panic cycle...still waiting for mine Grrrr!

x

Bethie
13-09-11, 18:24
What medications do you take?