PDA

View Full Version : Having panic attacks for 2 years help

jamie1987
12-09-11, 22:16
Hi all im jamie and im a panic attack sufferer and ive been suffering for 2 years now cant seem to kick it. It all started when my mother took a seizure in-front of me and almost died,we later found out she had a brain tumour and had it removed but this was not where the attacks started. A month after my mum was out of hospital i smoke a joint of cannabis im now ashamed to admit now and thats where it all started , the funny thing is i had smoked canabis for nearly 5 years with no problem but after that happend to my mum they kicked in i think, i have almost been to A&E about 5 times with this witch is quite embarrassing but it always calmed me down as i knew i was going to get help and when i went to my doctor he just gave me betablockers witch did not help at all then anti_depressants witch i felt i did not need as i did not feel depressed . But today i have been getting pains in my forehead like pressure pushing on it and all i can think is what if its a brain tumour just like my mums as i think it can be generic so this has brought on a panic attack as i write this geezz i wish there was a wonder pill lol.

Gemma T
12-09-11, 22:49
Hi Jamie

You will be happy to know that I had my first panic attack as a result of smoking weed. Never been the type to buy any but when I was young alot of my friends did. I had the occassional puff and nothing happened.

Then one night I woke up running around my house absolutely adamant there was someone after me. My mum had a right go at me for smoking it and told me not to do it again. Well me being the stupid teenager i was smoked it again. Took one pull then I collapsed and fitted ending up in a and e. All a result of my anxiety from past experience.

Well after then I had regular panic attacks awakening me. Id only smell the stuff and my fears would result in a nighttime attack.

That stuff is not for me at all. The funny thing is I only ever had one or two puffs. I didnt smoke at the time and knew nothing about inhaling.

Those few puffs 10 years ago has led me to suffer with health anx and continued panic attacks. Thankfully I dont really get any night time panic attacks now. Its weird but I know if im about to have one and I wake myself up so it never becomes full blown. I just sit up, lay back down and try to sleep again. Sometimes it takes a few attempts before I sleep normally.

I wish I could tell you exactly what to do but always asleep when it happens. I think my best advice would be for you to take note of the starting symptoms and take yourself straight out of the situation. Ease yourself back in and repeat until it passes.

Good luck

Love Gem x x x