PDA

View Full Version : Fed up...

AnxiousM
13-09-11, 00:42
Could do with some reassurance. I have been on mirtazapine for 8 months now which has helped my anxiety. The anxiety presents itself differently and it's a little easier to control. In some new situations I found myself tensing my diaphragm and internal muscles which caused me to have bad acid reflux. Also dieting on mirt didn't help either. I took omaprazole under the doctors prescription. Stupidly I googled heartburn and read that it can be an indicator of heart disease. Are the sensations i get in my chest and the contracting feeling in my left arm anxiety, results or acid reflux??? Feels like someone as got their finger pinched around a pipe inside me. Any advice would be helpful.

M

xxlisaxx08
13-09-11, 00:54
Google will always tell you that it's something serious. Anything I've ever googled has came back as something serious. During bad anxiety I also tense my stomach muscles and as a result I now suffer from really bad acid reflux which is likely to be what you have. There isn't any harm in going to the doctor to have it checked out but everyone gets heartburn and you can definitely have heartburn without having heart disease - think of all the pregnant women who suffer constantly from it throughout pregnancy. When I get it I use Gaviscon which usually helps.

Lisa x