PDA

View Full Version : New and scared

karli
13-09-11, 08:36
I've suffered from gad for quite a few year's now, 4 year's ago my mum passed away.
Last bank holiday was the anniversary of her death, so this year's was like it was so new and fresh. I'm also having some very bad times in my relationship, (we do live together).
Last friday i hit rock bottom, am terrified of dr's, but with the help of my sister, i found myself in his room, convinced my eye was yellow and that i had liver problems, to which he said my eyes look fine, and that i don't have liver problems, was sat there ringing my hands together, crying my eyes out ect. He gave me 10mg of diazepam 2 take over the weekend, and refered me the crises team, the psychiatric nurses have been coming to see me everyday since.
Thursday i have to go to the hospital, to see the psychiatric consultant, i'm so scared they are going to keep me in, am in floods of tears, i keep saying to the nurses, will i get better, they say yes , but am finding it so hard 2 believe.
i've been down this road before, but not this bad, have taken fluoxetine and had various councilling, the last 4 years, was the last episode because of my mums death, feel like a failure.http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/icons/icon9.gif
Nurses have told me, from what i've said about my relationship, that he is controlling and maniplative.
They have dropped my dose to 2mg of diazepam, take 1 in morning, then has needed during the day.
Please someone who can answer try to ease my mind that i'm not crazy, cause i hve to see the psychiatric consultant, cause in the past it's been fluoxtine from dr's and counselling. so, so scared right now.:weep:

paula lynne
13-09-11, 09:41
Hi Karli, welcome to the forum, Im glad you found us. Youre not alone ok x
You arent going crazy love, youve been through a rough time ok. Seeing a psychiatrist isnt anything to be ashamed of. In fact, 1 in 3 people suffer with some form of mental illness, and most need help at some time or another.
The team can help you get your G.A.D under control, you have to put the effort in as well, a magic pill wont make it go away. I know its scary, but you need to face up to what it is thats making you feel like this in order to get better. It sounds like your relationship is having a negative effect on you right now. Also, the anniversay of your mums death is still very upsetting to you. Talking about those feelings help a lot. I lost my mum and I posted here a lot, everyone was great and let me get it out of my system.

Keep posting here hun, You ARENT crazy. You just need a little help to get back to a place where you feel like you can cope. It will take time, but dont give up. Listen to the mental health team. Talk to us here and let it all out. Dont bottle it up. Sharing helps. Hang in there.

Love Paula x:hugs:

karli
13-09-11, 15:13
Thank you for your reply, it eased me some what.
The psychiatric nurse came to see me 2day, and i was told i'm being mentally abused.
I was told not to do anything about it, till i'm stronger. i have everything wrong with me in my head, worrying about my heart, if it can take the strain or not, you name it, i've got it.
I'm constantly checking my body, getting breathless, i know it is because im side tracking away from the real reason of how i feel, but yet, i feel poorly, scared and so upset.
where i go from here, i don't know, one step at a time, fels so long and i want to be fixed now.
He uses my anxiety against me, when ever he can.
If i'm on the wrong board about this then i'm sorry, n if some1 can redirect me, than that would be a great help. thank you.

hyppiegirl
13-09-11, 15:31
I have had GAD for 13 years, you are not CRAZY, it is a disease just like any other mental problems however the difference is you are terrified of things and not phsychotic big difference ok. Please know there is highs and lows with GAD but you can live a normal life. I am terrified of freeways so guess what I take back roads but I still get there just get there later no shame in that no shame do you hear me no shame. There is not a cure but it can be managed quite well so there is hope so much HOPE ok.

kinnygirl1
13-09-11, 21:39
You are not crazy and you will beat this. Accept the help on offer and take things slowly. One day you will look back on these times and see how far you have come. x

karli
14-09-11, 10:10
Thank you for your replys.
Can't say much more other half is here.
Shall check in when i can x