PDA

View Full Version : Side effects easing off :)

Becky147
13-09-11, 12:52
So I've been on cit for a week now, had my 21st birthday at the weekend and luckily managed to eat some of the lovely dinner my family prepared. For the first 4 days I was having horrible anxiety phases, feeling terribly sick, unable to eat or motivate myself. I still have waves of nausea a few times a day but not nearly as bad, also still quite anxious but I'm trying to do the exercises my doc gave me. The most noticeable thing at the moment is my sleeping pattern, I'm shattered by 10 at night to the point that I can't keep my eyes open and then wake up at 6.30 every morning. Has anyone else experienced this at all? Is it just an adjustment thing or does it last for longer? Cheers, B

pinkdove
13-09-11, 14:29
Hi becky, and happy birthday, what you are feeling is very normal when starting citalopram, you will find the side effects get better from now on, and you will sleep better too when things settle, i have had all of this and more when starting citalopram, and now have no side effects at all. wishing you luck in your recovery xx