PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Appointment today for spider veins and dark patches of skin

swgrl09
13-09-11, 14:28
Hi guys, I'm going to the doctor today for the dark patches of skin that showed up this summer on my leg and hand ... a little nervous! While I'm there I'm going to ask about my spider veins that keep showing up on my feet ... I'm only 23.

I did well though not getting nervous until this morning, so that is an improvement for me. Normally I'd be nervous for a week before the appointment.

Well I'll post what he says later in case anybody has a similar problem. Eeek but glad to get it over with.

swgrl09
13-09-11, 17:33
If anybody is worried about something similar - Dr was not worried at all about dark patches on my skin, said that they were the result from a prior injury. Also said that there is nothing I can do to prevent spider veins from spreading on my feet because it is genetic (I was hoping I could avoid looking like my aunts!!!) but if they got really ugly they could laser them. For now they are just on my feet so I guess I will leave them, not too big of a deal.

He was nice enough to look at all of my moles too for my peace of mind and all look good. Woohoo!