PDA

View Full Version : Help - hospital appointment next tuesday

pb
13-09-11, 19:00
Have been getting chest pain when eating and swallowing. I have reflux but take omperazole for this. Not sure if the pain has a physical cause or is caused by stress. I know the hospital will probably advise an endoscopy. Has anyone had this sort of pain and had an ok endoscopy.
Sooo stressed all the time.Thanks

Anxious_gal
13-09-11, 20:29
If it's only when swallowing it would be a good idea to get it checked out.
I guess you see a Ear Nose and Throat doctor?
Is that the thing they put down your nose or throat? I hear the one that you get down your nose isn't bad at all and they use a spray to numb you a little.
I saw a guy have it done on t.v, and he only looked slightly uncomfortable for a second :)

pb
13-09-11, 23:17
Sorry to post, acid and burning in throat really bad tonight. i also feel very sick now. surely this must have damaged my oesphagus ...

Anxious_gal
14-09-11, 00:07
If there is any damage it will show up on the test you are getting done,
How long have you had acid for?
I know people who have it for years and all that showed up on the camera test was a tiny bit of irritation :)

countrygirl
14-09-11, 10:19
Any damage from long term acid will show up on the gastroscopy. I have had hiatus hernia for over 28 yrs and have had 3 gatroscopies to check and have no damage which is amazing as i have heartburn even with meds every day at some time.
When you have your gastroscopy do ask for maximum sedation as they can give you from 2-5 mgs of the drug and I always ask for max 5mgs and then I know nothing of proceedure at all which is great.
I had a time of feeling as if everything was getting stuck when I swallowed and had to drink alot with food and was panicking but it passed after a few weeks and a subsequent gastroscopy showed nothing was wrong so I think it was tension that was causing it.

pb
14-09-11, 17:18
Thank you for your replies, it helps x