PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone on here actually had a heart attack?

kaijo
13-09-11, 19:27
I'm so scared of having a heart attack and worry I wont know the difference between heart attack and anx/panic.

Tonight im at work and my chest was hurting and panic rose to massive level convinced myself i was going to have one again.

Also just googled stupidly and it said alot of women have symptoms about a month before heart attack and it includes, tiredness, not sleeping properly which i have both of at the mo and have had for about 2 weeks now.

I am so scared, I'm hoping someone can help.

Jo xxxx

diane07
13-09-11, 20:05
Nicola who owns nmp has had a heart attack.

di xx

nomorepanic
13-09-11, 20:09
As Di said I have had one nearly 3 years ago now.

You may want to read my comments on this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100725

Where was your chest pain?

kaijo
13-09-11, 20:25
It was in the middle of my chest and under my left armpit, it has gone now, but im worried about what it said when i googled too xxxx

nomorepanic
13-09-11, 21:32
Ok well heart attack pain wouldn't come and go so it isn't that.

I am always tired and don't sleep so I think that is normal with some of us.

kaijo
13-09-11, 21:35
Thank you so much hun, I just wish I could get this anx/panic under control. The doc upped my meds today so wondering if thats why I'm feeling a bit all over the place? xxx

nomorepanic
13-09-11, 21:38
Oh yes definitely an increase could bring more side effects for you.

Hope it settles down soon for you.

jo h
14-09-11, 11:52
Hi Jo

I constantly worry about this too as I have many unexplained chest pains ...I did have one similar to you which was under my left ribcage on my side then spread across to the middle ..that was really scary ......I constantly worry about having one and this just makes the anxiety worse I think,....I was on here the other day and a guy helped ..just try and convince yourself its anxiety and nothing else hard tho that is to do ........

Jo x

ronski
14-09-11, 18:06
I understand where you are all coming from as I have similar concerns at times but realistically I am sure you would have no doubts that something was really out of kilter if you were having a heart attack. When my head gets the better of me I try and think logically and then you realise that you are just letting your subconscious run riot.
All I can say is that there is a set of symptoms that would indicate a heart attack, if you have all of them and feel very unwell with sensations of doom then ring for help. But if you just get chest pain on it's own then more than likely it's anxiety related. Distract yourself and if it goes away then it's nothing to be concerned about. I hope this helps.