PDA

View Full Version : Please somebody be there??

Gale2509
13-09-11, 20:57
I'm having total meltdown and convinced something terrible is happening to me.

I went to bed early as not been sleeping well, woke to this awful sensation of something being stuck in my throat. I sat up quickly, realised I had only been asleep 15 mins. Got up to get water but it was hard to swallow. Intially I thought it was reflux as I'm nearly 8mths pregnant but its not like any kind of reflux ive experienced before. My throat feels restricted, there is a horrible rising sensation like I'm going to vomit? What the hell is this, I'm alone and terrified xxx

diane07
13-09-11, 20:59
Does it feel like you have a lump in your throat or something stuck in it?

kinnygirl1
13-09-11, 21:21
Hi there

Being tense in the throat can be caused by anxiety. It can feel like something is stuck there but it's really just tight and tense muscles. You are not alone! x

diane07
13-09-11, 21:24
Gale click on this link and scroll down to the throat part and see if you can relate.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Gale2509
13-09-11, 22:12
Feels like something rising up, strangest sensation. Don't like it at all.
What's the verdict? Is it reflux?

Gale2509
13-09-11, 22:17
Thanks for link diane07, some great info on there. I'm printing that for future ref! The more I google the symptoms (dangerous I know) the more convinced i am it's acid. Although I have taken max strength anti acid prescribed whilst pregnant and it's done nothing so?

diane07
13-09-11, 22:24
No worries gale,

I had the throat thing for a long time, its a nightmare to have and the more you concentrate on it the worse if feels, i know its hard but once you except it for what it is, it then leaves you.

We all hate that symptom.

Always get it checked out by doc though, if it stays, and no doubt he'll tell you same as us.

di xx