PDA

View Full Version : so worried iv got dvt.. help?!

mishymoo89
14-09-11, 09:38
im a 21yr old female, iv never smoked, im healthy weight, eat healthy etc. iv been getting a dull aching pain in my right leg since i can remember (probably puberty time) it lasts up to an hour and thn just go away. Iv been on the pill since i was 14/15yrs old.

Iv read the symptoms of dvt online and they say pain, swelling, redness, leg warm or hot, pins and needles in feet and fever. i have none of these apart from pain and case stories iv read, the pain lasts alot longer then an hour. do i have dvt? im so worried iv got it.

iv read stories online of people thats had it and dropped dead within hours. i got myself into such a state earlier, iv got asthma and had to take inhalors becus i was either having a panic attack/asthma attack.

iv always thought the pains were "growing pains" because they only last max an hour defo no longer then 2hours anyway. I usually get it every few months, the pains bareable and i can still walk on it. any advice?

SH412
14-09-11, 09:55
If youve been having this pain on and off for years it is almost certainly not a DVT! A DVT lasting that long would have broken away by now and trust me you would know about it! I also had very sore legs, convinced myself I had a DVT! Doc examined me and said I had tight calves (didnt buy this). As soon as I stopped worrying about it the pains went away!! x

mishymoo89
14-09-11, 10:29
i hope so, its only today when i researched dvt, iv been worried about it, then reading the horror stories online has just set me in a panic. ill make an oppointment with docs for tomorrow as pain doesnt last long enough to get one when i have the pain, hopefully they'll diagnose me with something (hopefully not dvt)

M155anthr0p3
14-09-11, 12:35
I was obsessed with them for ages..I've probably had about 10 of them (in my head)Nope...just aches & pains from anxiety.