PDA

View Full Version : Wedding - Diazepam???

Silly Blonde
16-05-06, 14:42
I'm really really struggling this week - less than 2 weeks to go before the big day!!

I am considering making an appointment with my GP to see if she'll give me some of the above just to get me through the next week or so and the big day itself. I know they don't really like prescribing it long-term, but when I have had it in the past I felt great!!!

Do you think she'll be ok with it - or should I just struggle on?? My anti-d's aren't really helping, as I'm more stressed and anxious (with bad IBS!!!), and even my pschiatrist said I can wean myself off the mirtazapine after the wedding as I haven't been "depressed" for over 6 months!

shiv
16-05-06, 14:48
If you're going to get meds SB, make it a very small dose. Especially if you plan to drink! Valium can make you feel quite spaced out and you don't want the big day to pass in a foggy haze: better to panic a little, I say!

Plus you need to try taking it before the wedding so you get a good idea of it's effects and the doseage you might need. So maybe try it a couple of weeks before hand.

Shiv x

hayles
16-05-06, 14:50
SB

I agree with Shiv....... plus you havent got long enough to test the drugs!

You will be fine, you will be so busy that the day will fly by and before you know it you will drunkenly be removing your dress and trying to wake up your very drunk now husband wondering what the hell you were worried about.

Imagine it now..........:D:D[^][^]

Hay x

Silly Blonde
16-05-06, 15:15
Thanks guys - that made me giggle!!! He's going for a "world record" (if you see what I mean!!!)[:O] - I reckon it'll be more along the lines of your post!!!!!!! I don;t like to drink too much 'cos of my mirtazapine - so he's likely to be in a worse state!!!!

Thanks

SB xx

hayles
16-05-06, 15:18
I shouldnt drink either coz of my tablets but I do...not massivley, but i always regret it the next day!!!

everyone keeps telling Mart (future Hubby) that he will be so drunk he will not be able to do anything come end of the night, he s so determined now, he is starving me the month before......I tell you he better perform or there willbe some anulling the next day.....lol

Hay x

Alexandra
16-05-06, 15:22
Hi SB,

Again i agree with the others, just have a little dose. We all know you will be just fine hun you really will.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Silly Blonde
16-05-06, 15:35
If you have any problems Hayles give me a shout - trust me I'm a lawyer!!!!

My psychiatrist didn;t suggest valium the other week, he just said keep on with the CBT, acupuncture etc and keep taking my mirtazapine! I'm sure a sneaky fag and a glass of fizzy in the car with my Dad will help me along!!!!

I think I'll be more excited than anxious on the day - its just this run-up period that is making me feel bad!!! Oh well - not long to go.

Thanks again, you guys really help!

SB xx

hayles
16-05-06, 15:45
SB

I had to giggle, I now know who to call....lol!

You smoke under pressure eh? Ditto.
Am trying to lay off it at the mo as it is getting too frequent.
Too the point of almost 1 a day! Havent had any since Sat!

Keep the giggles going it will pass the time until the big event
have fun tonight x

Hay x

india
16-05-06, 17:54
Hey there, what about trying some beta blockers? They will stop yr heart racing and you won't be spaced out! (think i had some for my wedding 8 yrs ago!)

Love India xxx