PDA

View Full Version : HA about quitting Oxazepam - Help!

BKF1515
14-09-11, 14:32
Hi, I've been on oxazepam 10mg 3x a day for the last 4 months for neck/head pain and anxiety related to (or causing) this pain. I was taking motrin regularly as well, and I just stopped taking that a few days ago. I want to start tapering off the oxazepam. I thought this would be as easy as cutting doses in half or skipping a dose, but I made the mistake of Googling 'oxazepam detox' and of course got scared to death about withdrawal symptoms - psychosis, seizures, etc. Also apparently prolonged use is not good, and I have been taking it for 4 months straight.

Has anyone ever done this? I am full of anxiety about the withdrawal process now, whereas I had been feeling so much stronger and worry-free till Googling. :(

BKF1515
14-09-11, 14:44
I forgot to say that I am also taking amitriptyline 75mg a night (too). So the point is that I would like to get off the oxazepam and stay off the motrin and just stick to the amitriptyline, but I am scared of the withdrawal process and if my being scared will make it all that much worse....

BKF1515
14-09-11, 17:13
If anyone has any (positive) experience with getting off of Oxazepam, I would love to hear.... Just to lessen my anxiety a bit....

BKF1515
15-09-11, 16:12
Anyone?