PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys!

Mr.Jitters
14-09-11, 14:58
Hi guys,

My name's Kam, I'm 28 and I'm from South Wales. Like many of you, I've had a long and complicated relationship with anxiety. I was diagnosed with GAD and medicated at the age of 14, and developed Panic Disorder & Agoraphobia at the age of 21 and battled to recover, finally becoming almost completely symptom free almost 2 years ago.

Recently, avoidance crept back into my life, and the added anxiety of starting a new part time job, and returning to college, has led me to end up housebound and suffering debilitating anxiety and depersonalization/derealization around the clock once again.

Recently changed medication from Dosulepin 75mg to Nortriptyline 50mg which is making me sleep for 12 hours each night and need naps during the day (a side effect I hope will wear off soon!), re-started self-help & CBT techniques and re-reading Claire Weekes' books.

Hoping that NMP will be a valuable resource in learning to cope with my anxiety once again and share things that have helped me, and hopefully, help to bring me out of myself a little - and out of my house!

Looking forward to it, everyone.

nomorepanic
14-09-11, 14:59
Hi Mr.Jitters

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

diane07
14-09-11, 14:59
Hi Mr.Jitters

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Carrera74
14-09-11, 15:01
Hello :) Welcome to the site :welcome:

I've been a member for about 4 months now and found lots of great advice here. Wish I'd found the site years ago!!

zygfried
14-09-11, 18:35
Hi, best of luck to you. Anxiety and avoidance are so debilitating and can be so isolating. But there is definitely hope and this website provides lots of support and advice and it's always great to know what others have found helpful. So good luck with it! Hope it helps.

Emereld
15-09-11, 01:29
Thanks for replying.Would it be ok if I could get my son to come on here and post to you?As you are near his age and both suffering from the same condition.He is housebound with his anxiety too but reluctant to believe it is anxiety.

Mr.Jitters
15-09-11, 02:15
Absolutely, I know exactly how difficult this can be, for both of you! I'm just a PM or an email away. And the good thing about agoraphobics is that we're always in when you need to talk :)