PDA

View Full Version : Hi

GordonW
14-09-11, 16:07
You have an amazing website, here.

My attacks started a long, long time before we even had computers. The only 'treatment' then was pills ( tranquilisers ) and when they didn't work, keep increasing dosage!! I 'lost' three years in the late 70's. Can I knock them of off my age? :-) I'm still addicted to Diazepam ( thanks, NHS ) .. I doubt they work anymore, just stave off withdrawal symptoms.

I found the reference to vitamin B ( and C, in my case ) here, and am giving them a go. I couldn't find a B complex with Niacinamide though.

Anyway .. that's me. If I had a hat. I'd 'take it off' ( Big time ) to those responsible for this site, especially Nicola, for her story and all the time she gives here and on facebook. My very best thoughts and wishes to all who 'endure' this problem.

Gordon

diane07
14-09-11, 16:08
Hi GordonW

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Cherished502
14-09-11, 16:53
Hi Gordon,

I'm new here too. So this is just to say a hi. This website is great. I have a degree in IST (Computers) where web design was part of it, so I really appreciate the work these guys put into the site.

Again Welcom

C

GordonW
14-09-11, 17:20
Thank you 'C' :-)

I would hope that people in the medical profession take note of the content of this and any other sites like it. Anxiety sufferers can explain symptoms, but not the feeling, i.e. what it actually feels like. Only people who are unfortunate to have experienced it can understand what others are going through. The Lady who posted " Phew there are others : ) " has her 'rock', her husband. Good guy. I am somewhat surprised, though, that 30+ years since I first found that it 'wasn't just me', when I went to local group therapy, that it is necessary for people to search to find 'there are others'. For me, and maybe most people, this was the first step and a Huge step towards understanding and dealing with it.

Regards and all the Very best ... Gordon