PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone :o)

cheziecat
14-09-11, 16:32
Hello,

I go to a mental health support group in York called Our Celebration who have recently merged with MIND, someone on their facebook page recommended this site and it looks great :D

I have suffered from depression on and off for a fair few years, was diagnosed with anxiety and social phobia about 2 years ago and had to leave my job.
Since then I've been trying to battle this, everything went pear shaped a few months ago when I became homeless through no fault of my own. I had a homeless assessment with the council who said despite my mental health problems I was not classed as priority need and they had no duty to re house me. I am now appealing this with a solicitor and have been living in a bed and breakfast for the last 3 months.

The situation I'm in is making everything so much more difficult and as it's out of my control it feels so helpless.

Anyway, don't want to waffle on too much

Thanks for reading

Cheryl

nomorepanic
14-09-11, 16:34
Hi cheziecat

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Cherished502
14-09-11, 16:56
Hi Cheryl,
I see you managed to get a photo loaded, well done you. I will look into this one of these days. Like you I need people who understand what we are going through although my circumstances are different to yours.

Best Wishes

C

MikeyJon
14-09-11, 17:39
Hello Cheryl! Waffle away!:D

cheziecat
02-12-11, 00:02
Just an update, I won my housing appeal and I've been offered a temporary council flat, it seems like they will probably make it permanent, am so happy to be out of the b&b, time to move on with me life, onwards and upwards!

Cheryl
xx

Vanilla Sky
02-12-11, 05:54
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x