PDA

View Full Version : Same mouth ulcers for about 2 months

Gemma T
14-09-11, 17:52
I've had two mouth ulcers under my tongue 4 the past 2 months. They havnt got any worse. They are about 1 millimeter big and are not open. Both have the little dome over them. Not painful at all.

I saw my gp about 1 month ago and he said they were nothing to worry about. Well after 2 months I'm thinking they should b gone.

I don't know wat to do. Any1 exp this?

I'm worried I have oral cancer still and am waiting 4 my referral . Dentist is sending me 4 my piece. Of mind only

I'm worried :(

aria2
14-09-11, 17:56
I get little mouth ulcers too, and they're usually caused by stress.
However, since you say they're not painful, maybe they're not ulcers at all. Everyone has little bumps under their tongue (some come and go, some are there permanently), they're completely benign.
The human body is full of little lumps and bumps that are normal and nothing to worry about. Every so often you come across something you haven't noticed before and you're like "EEK WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT?!", but it's just normal.

Gemma T
14-09-11, 18:12
Yh they may be infections.

They've never been open. But they have the red border.

My gp said anything that small is of no concern. And my gp and dentist said their only concerned with things that get worse.

Thank you so much 4 ur response. Makes me feel better.

Love Gem x x x

Worried_Male
14-09-11, 18:53
I have had lumps inside my mouth that i first noticed 5-6 weeks ago and they have not gone. To my knowledge they have not got any bigger or smaller. I keep meaning to go dentist but never get round to it.

Gemma T
14-09-11, 19:26
I swear as soon as I get better I get worse again.

I think I'm gonna book another dentist appointment x x x

eight days a week
14-09-11, 20:40
Hey Gemma, what have you used on them (Bonjela, TCP)?

My mouth ulcers always hurt...can't imagine them doing anything else (thought that's what they did!?)

Gemma T
14-09-11, 21:17
I havnt used anything on them. Did try salt water and listerine but nothing.

It really worries me :(

stevenr1986
14-09-11, 22:01
it could be blocked saliva gland, totally harmless (is on the frenulam) google it and click images (i would not normally say use dr google but in this case)

Gemma T
14-09-11, 22:38
The ulcers are under my tongue towards my bk teeth.

Thanks anyway x x x

lizzie29
15-09-11, 11:06
I used to get a lot of ulcers and Bonjela never really did much. (My doctor actually said to me that Bonjela doesn't do much!) Go to your pharmacist and ask them what they can give you. There's something called Anbesol, I've used that which helps.
Ulcers can also be a sign of anaemia, which I have. It's nothing major, just makes you a bit tired, so I take iron tablets. Have you ever been tested for this? x

BKF1515
15-09-11, 16:16
I had ulcers coming and going (but almost always there) over a 6-mo period about 2 years ago. I don't know if it was stress, vitamin deficiency, or something else, but I got frustrated and upset over them. They were reddish and small and I think most of them were a little irritating. Finally, as I said, after about 6 or maybe it was even 9 months, they disappeared and haven't returned. I wouldn't be concerned.

Gemma T
15-09-11, 18:38
I did suffer with low b12 and folic acid but I'm taking tablets for them and my results have been back to normal a while now. Still taking my tabs so I can't imagine its that.

I think its stress.

I wouldn't even care if they were diff ulcers all the time but they are the exact same two. I'm so worried about oral cancer but I've never read about 2 ulcers. Normally one major one. Not two teeny ones.

Thanks guys x x x