PDA

View Full Version : Awful few days

haziefantasie
14-09-11, 18:21
Hi everyone

Ive been in a bit of a mess for weeks, so went to my doctors on thursday & got my citalopram increased. I was ok over the weekend but on monday my anxiety got really bad & it was downhill from there really.

A phonecall from my ex on monday night was the final straw & I flipped, took an overdose & ended up in hospital :blush:

They monitored me overnight & yesterday morning as they were worried about my heart & liver, but discharged me yesterday afternoon. I saw my counsellor & my doctor today - Ive been signed off work for a week & my doctor didnt want to prescribe me any propranolol just in case I do it again :weep:

So now I just feel a bit numb really, it feels like it was a dream & I cant believe I actually did it. & now Im going to be worrying that Ill have done permanent damage to myself.

All in all I think I need a hug if thats ok x

Anxious_gal
14-09-11, 18:37
Do think the medication caused it? Because antidepressants can cause the very thing they are meant to treat.

Well you ended up in hospital which means you weren't really trying to harm your self, you just got over whelmed and did something dangerous without thinking, see you weren't thinking because you were feeling too distressed x but you did the right thing and went to the hospital :)

If they discharged you I'm sure your body is ok.
you sound like you need more support than you are getting :(
sorry you had such a rough time,
I hope things will get better for you :hugs:

haziefantasie
14-09-11, 19:11
Thanks mishel :hugs:

I did feel an improvement from the citalopram at first so I think it has helped. I started going downhill after I started counselling so I think its because Ive been talking about upsetting things that I kept buried for so long. The strange thing is Ive been much more depressed in the past but have never done this before. Recently Ive been functioning fine & probably appeared normal to everyone else but something just snapped. Its so scary x

Bravedart
15-09-11, 00:12
My dear..... Hear you go...... :bighug1:I Hope your cool x

haziefantasie
15-09-11, 16:28
Thanks bravedart :hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
15-09-11, 20:59
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa281/aeroceci2003/big_hugs_bear.gif (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/%3Ca%20href=)

thinking of you