PDA

View Full Version : Help please regaring my son

Emereld
14-09-11, 23:21
Hi,I don't know what to do.My son is 26 years old, a graduate.He began to get ill about 6 weeks ago and went to A&E.He had problems breathing and and his heart racing after being at the gym.He had not exercised for over a year and I thought at the time it was due to that.However now I realise he is hyperventilating, constantly.He can't walk about and stays in his bedroom all day/night.He has difficulty swallowing and breathing and is dizzy, with tingling sensations.( he is to afraid to move)
He has seen several GP's and he is reassured when he visits them, until he returns home.Then the panic starts and he thinks it's his heart or his lungs. I have been taking his meals on a tray, up to his room for the past 6 weeks, as he says he can only eat there, because he needs to concentrate to swallow.
I have been taking him Complan,chamomile tea and M&S but now he says he can't swallow any of them. Today, he says he can't swallow water.He has lost a lot of weight so I have bought him cans of Guinness and also vitamins.I have paid for a private scan and for him to see two private Doctors.
Today, I am so worn out and frustrated I shouted at him to get a grip.I have bought him self help books, which he doesn't read.I wash his bath out because he feels to weak.I put his TV on and off as he feels too dizzy to stand up and says he can't get any air in.
I have bought him Bach rescue remedy drops, both day and night drops.He has a magic eye on Monday and he is very afraid. He was in two minds of attending.I urged him to have this as then the worry of something being wrong with his throat will be eradicated.
I am at my wits end please help.Thanks

nomorepanic
14-09-11, 23:28
Hi Emereld

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Mr.Jitters
14-09-11, 23:37
Hi Emereld,

I'm sorry to hear that you've both been going through a hard time. One reassurance I can provide is that I too was petrified of having the old magic eye when I first started experiencing swallowing problems associated with anxiety. The sedation they offer is fantastic, and they really won't go ahead with the procedure until he's comfortable, and if anticipatory anxiety is a problem - my doctor gave me a mild sedative to take the night before the appointment, which sold it for me.

diane07
14-09-11, 23:47
Hi Emerald,

Poor you and your son.

As a mum it is very worrying, frustrating and upsetting when you see one of your own go through this.

Have a read on this symptoms page, and maybe you can get your son to also read it in time.
It is a massive help and will describe all the symptoms of anxiety.

Just click on the link.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Do let us know how you and your son get on, we'll support you all we can.

di xxx