PDA

View Full Version : Inner ear problems

Rebeccamb
14-09-11, 23:52
Hi guys ,
Something that really struck me today was when I was researching about my ear. My left ear has been very touch and go all year and has been very sore , sometimes tinnitus and as of recent 2 months congested totally , when I move y head to the left I can barely hear out of it.
I never thought much of it as when I went to the doctor a few months ago he said it was probably sinuses and would go away itself.
Anyhow I have no health anxiety or the likes at all and my first panic attack came when I was walking and went completely off balance and felt vertigo. Since then I have got this dizziness etc but jsut associated it with a panic attack.
Only today did I see links between the two conditions now more than likely they are not related but here is a list of symptoms I got on it

symptoms may include
hearing loss
congestion
depersonalization (A variety of medical conditions can cause symptoms of derealization and severe depersonalization including brain injuries, seizure disorders, inner ear dysfunction)
anxiety
panic attacks
ill feeling/vomitting
headaches
tinnitus
Stress has the ability to negatively impact many functions in the body. Prolonged and severe stress can also lead to the development of anxiety and ultimately an inner ear infection. An anxiety disorder that includes the development of labyrinthitis will usually include periods of sudden dizziness and disorientation that quickly move on to triggering a full blown panic attack.

now this is just something i stumbled upon today because i notice my hearing in my left ear when i turn to the left almost goes completely.
I am wondering if you think I should see a doctor , my local doctor at this stage may be sick of the sight of me but it was something i just stopped mentioning to him when i started having panic attacks etc

countrygirl
15-09-11, 11:06
You def need to get your left ear seen, once you experience hearing loss then your Dr will not ever put it down to anxiety as this is a def sign of something not quite right.

It can be something as simple as bunged up tubes - my husband has this on and off and he gets very dizzy as well as the loss of hearing but he usually has a few weeks of nasal spray from Dr and is okay again. He gets it about twice a year.

You may need to see ent consultant but I would say that your def ear symptoms of deafness and dizziness should not be dismissed as anxiety so go see your Dr and only tell him about the deafness and dizziness- one Dr told me that when they get swamped with a long list of symptoms then things get missed so keep to the point of these two symptoms and see what he says.