PDA

View Full Version : Stopped suddenly

haziefantasie
15-09-11, 16:38
Hi

My doctor wouldnt prescribe me any more propranolol (Ive been taking 80mg slow release every day for about 7 months) so have had to stop it suddenly.

Am just wondering if anyone else has done this rather than reducing it slowly, & if so did you get any withdrawal symptoms? x

karlwirral
15-09-11, 17:05
I did yes. But to be honest they wernt half as bad as the side affects from the propranolol i felt so much better off them

Carrera74
15-09-11, 17:29
How comes he has taken you off them so quickly?

I was on the same tablets years ago and weaned myself off too quick (in my opinion). The only side effect I had was insomnia but I have that anyway lol. I had it really bad one night and kept drifting to sleep and waking up suddenly. Pretty much what I had when I first started the tablets.

I'm sure you will be fine. You might feel your heart racing a bit too? Did you GP mention any side effects?

pammy1944
15-09-11, 18:05
you should come off any beta blocker gradually

haziefantasie
15-09-11, 18:07
She didnt want to give me any more as I took what I had left in the house as part of an overdose & she was worried in case I do it again :blush:

We had that much to talk about & my head was in such a mess I didnt think to ask about withdrawal, she just said to see how I go without them.

Thanks for your replies, its much appreciated. Ill try not to worry too much about it although easier said than done x

Carrera74
15-09-11, 19:08
I'd imagine the only, if any, withdrawal would be the physical anxiety symptoms showing such as a faster heart rate (thats if your anxiety did that to you). Don't worry about it. Your doc knows what's best for you :) I believe propranolol can cause depression so coming off them should make you feel better not worse. Take care :) x