PDA

View Full Version : Bowel cancer fear

phil06
15-09-11, 17:06
I have a bowel cancer fear it's been propelled by googling and BBC News..here's what worries me:

*A guy at 31 got bowel cancer now although it's more over 60's this guy wasn't.

*People ignore symptoms now I avoid the doctors if I can Ive had spells going every week but many on here do still. Maybe me not going every week is a risk. What symptoms would people ignore? Weight loss maybe? I've not hd that one though. So what if I ignore tell sale signs?

*I read IBS symptoms can relate closely like bowel movements and changes I've had this a year going alot, I complete feelings..now people reassured me it was not cancer after this time until I googled and found about people who had tumours 12 months to 5 years.

Now how possible after a year would to continue as normal? Would you have more than some loose stools? :unsure:

pammy1944
15-09-11, 18:06
yes phil you would have other symptoms .......maybe your stress is making something 'normal' worse

nomorepanic
15-09-11, 18:23
Go to the doctor's and voice your concerns and get them to do a stool sample test for you.

That is what they are doing to test for bowel cancer anyway.

phil06
15-09-11, 18:57
So are my concerns valid or do I really need the test or can it wait and can it simply be IBS and anxiety?

nomorepanic
15-09-11, 19:13
Well I say it is anxiety and more so IBS but I get the feeling you won't believe that.

rainbow
15-09-11, 20:31
hi phil,

I am going through the same worry at the moment. I'm 45 and been having symptoms for 3 months now. My gp reckons its my ibs/anxiety but has suggested that i should have a colonoscopy. She did say that she's 99% sure its nothing to worry about. I'm terrified at the prospect but i know its for the best.

Has your gp suggested that you should have any testing done.

phil06
15-09-11, 20:51
No the GP has not suggested any tests last time I went it was just a examination no proper tests.