PDA

View Full Version : mouth and throat problems - worried

mike_coventry_uk
15-09-11, 17:10
hi guys,

i aint needed to write on here for a while as i am dealing with my fears well but things are starting to panic me again! :(

my symptoms area;

dry mouth - sometimes in the morning my mouth sticks to roof of my mouth

feeling of phlegm in throat-all the time what i assume post nasal drip is like.

nasal congestion - sometimes worse but not as bad as throat.

saliva is thick like egg consistancy

metalic horrible taste in mouth- not constant

teeth seem to be staining and breath sometimes bad!

i am still able to eat ok,and i have no problems breathing i also get no blood when i cough up phlegm or saliva

the docs seem uninterested and put it down to acid reflux(which i take omeprazole for) i am concerned it is some form of oral cancer :(

i am currently waitin on my refferal for ent. so far i have tried nasal sprays and sinus rinses and all manner of antibiotics and medicine.

any similar prolems for people out there? advice would be welcomed!

cheers
mike

Ddcoo
15-09-11, 18:29
Hi Mike, I also get the same symptoms as you and I put it down to sinus problems and the medication I am on. I hate the dry mouth in the morning and lately have been having a lot of phlegm, I also noticed that some days that I had a very croaky voice and have to keep on coughing to try and clear it. I think the anxiety tablets I am stain the teeth over time, but then I am getting on and teeth don't stay as white anyway.

I just never seem to be clear of these symptoms, but I do help my comments put your mind at rest.

Pipcat
17-09-11, 08:13
Hey it does sound like relux. I was diagnosed with it and get all the same symptoms, not sure about if the meds stain teeth etc as i have a phobia of medication so refuse to take it.
I don't think it is oral cancer but could be where the acid is burning your throat, tongue and rest of your mouth. hope this eases you a little bit

swgrl09
17-09-11, 22:10
I thought of sinus problems as well. I recently had a sinus infection for about 3 weeks with almost all of those symptoms.

xfilme
18-09-11, 13:24
do you also suffer from tonsil stones?