PDA

View Full Version : Hi all im new here but not new to anxiety panic and depression

peteski
15-09-11, 20:39
Hi all im new here but not new to anxiety panic and depression.
i've sufferd for years now on and of but the last 1 and a half years have been terrible because i was a active alcoholic and drug addict but clean now for 6 months but the anxiety panic and depression are so strong now all my doctor keeps doing is giving me different meds.
citalopram was no good (ejaculation problems )
propranolol just didnt touch it
now im on pregabalin 50mg 3 a day whice i started takeing to day but there not doing it there making it worse i just feel like im going mad.
any help and advice would be much appreciated

nomorepanic
15-09-11, 20:40
Hi peteski

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paulst
15-09-11, 21:46
Hi and welcome, I am so glad you have joined us:)

mandshere2000
15-09-11, 22:02
Hiya peteski,
Sorry to hear your having a rough time....we,ve all been there.....this site is brilliant i only joined few days ago and the information on here is :yesyes: great, its helped me so much......and just reading other peoples posts on here is so helpful cos you just don,t feel so alone anymore.
Manda

cheziecat
15-09-11, 22:32
Hi peteski,

Welcome :D

Sounds like you've had a pretty hard time, I only joined her yesterday and the best advice I can give is read as much info as you can on here, people's posts and the articles, guides and personal stories. It's helped me feel better knowing that other people are dealing with the same problems as me and that people can get through this

Take care

Cheryl

Cherished502
16-09-11, 09:26
Hi
As you can see from most of the posts on here, we all suffer various forms of the same illnesses. As mentioned in earlier posts everyone is here to help you. Just be strong and stick with it. With the help of your new found friends, I'm sure you will get through to the good side of life.:hugs:

terror-x
16-09-11, 10:59
welcome to the forum

Wotnews
16-09-11, 11:23
Hi and welcome
I'm havin a bad day today too..which is annoying cos I've been managing ok for a few days. I'm staying online this morning cos as people have said it helps to know you're not alone.These days will pass and some will be better than others.
I hope you find nmp as helpful as do : )

HazyMind
16-09-11, 12:16
Hi peteski,

Welcome & I just wanted to say well done on staying clean the last six months!!! That takes real strength and shows you have a determination so you can and will get through this damn anxiety!!
I don't know much about meds so I'm sorry I can't help you there but it might take a few trials to find which one is best suited to you!! You will get there!!
Find what helps you to relax and do that as much as possible too as relaxation is a good natural healer :)

peteski
16-09-11, 20:58
hi guys thanks for the replys had a much better day to day . think the meds are starting to work but not getting my hopes up just yet