PDA

View Full Version : hi

lildutt
17-05-06, 08:23
hi everyone
i dont know if it should be here
but i had my first pa on monday night
since then ive been feeling really tired and have a shaking feeling inside i feel cold but outside i feel warm

bellxx

mirry
17-05-06, 08:33
HI LIL,
Your def in the right place and will get lots of useful tips from a really nice bunch of people who suffer from panics.

If you had your first panic attack on monday then you must remember nearly everyone will have a panic attack some time in there life because it is a very normal reaction , its our body alarm (like a car alarm)
For some people it becomes a faulty alarm (like alot of car alarms lol).

This is when you should ask for help.

hope ive made sence

mirryx

lildutt
17-05-06, 08:37
yes a lil hun but im getting worried about this shaking cold feeling in side me
and thanks hun

kayes life
17-05-06, 09:16
Hi lilbell,try not to pay too much attention to the cold feeling you have,that happens cos your body is tense and very anxious but when you relax you'll find it goes away.Love Kaye xx

mirry
17-05-06, 12:07
lil, its just the adrenalin in your body, nothing else.

It can take up to half an hour to dissapear but if you keep being anxious you are then making more adrenalin which is why your getting shakey cold symptoms.

Take a nice relaxing bath with your favourite music to sing along to and then see if it goes (it will if your relaxed enough)

mirryx

lildutt
17-05-06, 12:14
ok thank kayes life and mirry

so is that why i had another last night cus i was making more adrenalin and wasnt relaxing enough

mirry
17-05-06, 12:44
yes def lil,

now you can see why its important to relax and not be afraid of adrenalin. Its just a hormone that is made by you!

mirryx

Paddington
17-05-06, 13:37
ah sorry lil',it is scarey i know,but as the others have said TRY not to watch it or pay any mind to it,then it will simply go!Distract yourself lil' sing ,dance,paint,watch a film anything then youwont get stuck in the fear cycle.Nip it in the bud now if you can hun.Look on main forum at the 1st steps and it will reassure you honest.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

MrMonkey
17-05-06, 14:15
The cold feeling comes because your body redirects blood and energy to where ti is needed to run or fight (the fight or flight response) such as the muscles, eyes and ears, etc. and because a panic attack uses up a lot of energy so you are bound to be tired afterwards. Like the others said just take some time to relax and wind down, then when you feel a bit better some mild exercise will burn off whats left of the adrenalin.

Hope you feel better.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

scoobygirl2005
17-05-06, 15:07
Hi lilbell.

I know exactly what you mean, once I have a few panic attacks I feel so weak afterwards. Not nice is it. Do you see a councellor at all?

Scooby2005
x x

lildutt
17-05-06, 16:11
thanks all
scooby i dont see a concellor cus these was my first couple

scoobygirl2005
17-05-06, 16:15
Ok lilbell well perhaps you should see a councellor? Well go to your doctor if they become more frequent I would say.

Scooby2005
x x

Wenjoy
17-05-06, 16:58
Hi Lil
dont be scared - your body is looking after you and it doesnt want to hurt you. Be calm - try to ride the feelings and accept THEY CANT HURT YOU - I know its difficult coz Ive had pa'/s for years but you will be fine. Use this websit e- its fab and I use it every day for help. Good luck>Love Wenjoy

Keitharcher
17-05-06, 19:54
Hi Lil

As we said in PM you are not worry, worry is causing the adrelain in your body to be misplaced and you are fueling your fight or flight reaction. All this taken together could trigger more attacks but as we discusses looking for the positives fends of these feelings making the conditions in your body less likely for an attack

Keith

lildutt
17-05-06, 20:10
i will try al these suggestions out and i will be back to tell you if i suggsed init or not
knowing me i wont relax
i find it hard to

Southern_Belle
18-05-06, 01:37
Bell,

I do hope you feel better soon and your meds kick in soon and no more pa's. Try to relax and take care of you.

Bel

lildutt
19-05-06, 09:58
thanks all i havent had any for the last two days but i feeling very tired
bellxx