PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack - help!

hayles
17-05-06, 09:57
Had a heart attack this morning.

Woke up about 6 with a very sharp pain in my left boob when i inhaled deeply or moved. It was horrible. Went on for about an hour.

Eventually it eased and i got up did about four big burps and everthing was fine!

However just felt it a minute ago..........what is this....
Panicing a little and struggling not to google symptoms

why is there always something wrong!

Hay x

ceecee
17-05-06, 10:18
hi hays just to let you know ive had pains as you describe too!i think it could be trapped wind seeing as it went away after you burped!!!think its just another of those horrible anxiety symptoms!!seems you get over one and another comes on just to reallly do your head!!! in hope you feel better soon take care rachel x

hayles
17-05-06, 10:22
Thanks Racheal.
i know your prob right....damn anxiety!

Hay x

Alexandra
17-05-06, 10:50
Hi Hay,

Ive had pains like that too hun & i put it down to anxiety like Ceecee says. Please do'nt worry.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Dan21
17-05-06, 11:06
Hi Hayles,

It certainly sounds like wind to me. I've had crippling pains in the chest, only to burp them out. With me it usually lasts a day or two (on and off).

My Mum used to be a nurse and she said that there used to be lot of folks who would turn up at A&E with suspected heart attacks, only to end up burping the pains away!

I really hope you feel better soon matey.

Try sipping some hot peppermint tea or water with peppermint oil in it, that usually works a treat!

Dan

-----------------------------
Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift
Glide me towards you.....

Miss Pink
17-05-06, 11:18
Hiya Hayles,

I had exactly the same thing a week ago - daren't breathe in too far in case I started a heart attack lol It was just trapped wind though, Dan's right Peppermint tea is great, failing that, pour a can of coke really quickly into a glass (get it really frothy) and gulp down as much as you can while its still fizzing - you'll probably hiccup/burp within a few minutes and that should get rid of it !!

Take Care !!

‹(•¿•)› Rachael xx ‹(•¿•)›

hayles
17-05-06, 11:31
thanks guys for all your advise.
Must admit am very burpy but then i am usually a beltchy lass....lol

Feeling a little better x

Hay x

jackie
17-05-06, 16:01
hayles i am so sorry you were so afraid. believe me i have run to casualty on numerous occasions only to be told it is anxiety, indigestion or muscular

its hard to accept i know, but you would have known all about it by now had it been a heart attack

i hope you get at least some comfort in know ing that you are not alone

take care

jackie

MrMonkey
17-05-06, 17:42
I read somewhere of an incident between a dr and an axiety patient once. The patient thought she was having a heart attack, so the dr said: "Stand up and do 10 jumping jacks for me." So she did. "Do you think you'd be able to do that if you were having a heart attack?"

Anxiety gets the best of us a lot, and this has been a major concern of mine, but I think that if you can take time worry about what it is, it ain't a heart attack. Usually with me it would be either trapped wind or a extrememly tense muscle which i had to actively focus on to relax.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Two heads
17-05-06, 18:47
Hi hayles!Gladyou ok now.Wind has got a lot to anwer to haset it!Thats good old anxiety for us,theres all ways something.One day i hope we will all be so rid of this horrid thing,but entil then we must just try and cope.
Which i known is so hard.xxxxx

janie
21-05-06, 13:11
Hi everyone - i'm a brand new member and so pleased to find this forum.

Hayles, I suffer from chest pain all the time. It moves about like some weird alien poking me under left breast, then under right, then between the shoulder blades - it's really scary. I've had an ecg and get results tomorrow - however suffice it to say the docs sent me home - would they do that if there was a problem???

I also cannot believe how unwell and sore you can feel with this anxiety thing. Its taken me by surprise but feel so much better knowing there are others feeling just the same and offering kindness and support.:)

mandie
22-05-06, 00:54
Hi

Hayles and Janie

I to suffer with chest pains. Like you Janie my pain moves around.

When im feeling anxious i get the pain, when im relaxed its not there. However, i still think i have a heart problem!

love mandie x

eeyorelover
22-05-06, 02:00
I have had horrible pains too and it was from plain gas buildup. But at the time it sure felt like I was going to drop dead any minute from a heart attack. The thing that really helped me was taking a few tums as soon as I started to feel the heavyness starting in my chest. Also I realized that I was swallowing alot more when I was anxious so I started to stop doing that as much as possible and that helped too.

Janvi
03-07-08, 13:50
Hello,

Im afraid.Did Hales really suffered from a heart attack

Janvi

hendey
03-07-08, 16:40
can someone please help me, i just had a massive twinge in my left side chest, been to hopsital before said i got high bp and high hearrt rate but ryhytm normal.

i also got left jaw pain.

Should i go back to the hospital.

precious78
04-07-08, 09:03
Miss Pink that is funny about the breathing thing cos I do that too. I get the pains in my chest and I have had them so many times that if it were my heart and not indigestion that surely I wouldn't be here now.

I worry about the indigestion though as I'm only reaching 30 and I feel sometimes that I can't eat anything safe as everything sets it off.

I don't wnat to breathe too deeply in case it gets worse or my heart stops! What a crazy thought. But then you get into a cycle cos if you don't breathe properly you can set off a panic attack becaus eyou're not getting enough air around your body. And you will go dizzy and faint and the breathing thing gets worse! A vicious circle.