PDA

View Full Version : chat room closed omg

terror-x
16-09-11, 15:25
ok well seens im in the middle of a mass panic and when i talk to people in chat i seem to calm down but that isent happening at the minuite jew to alot of bickering apparently so im going to have to deal with this panic on my own:mad:

my heart is racing like you wouldent belive and it made me abit worse when i saw the chat down. now who have i got to turn to apart from people i dont really know who i like to talk to. :)

i feel as if i cant take a deep breath . witch is making me fully nausious hearts going mad. im thinking all sorts.:weep:

Elen
16-09-11, 15:28
terror hun you will be fine

dont let the fact that chat is not there freak you out

you are not on your own honey we maybe just cant reply as quickly as normal

slow and steady is the key terror you will be fine honey

bottleblond
16-09-11, 15:32
Terror you can speak here just like you talk it chat.

You're not on your own hun

Lisa
x

terror-x
16-09-11, 15:36
i just feel like im going to have an heart attack i feel hot in the head when i touch it im burning up im just going crazy

Elen
16-09-11, 15:39
terror it sounds like your anxiety is kicking in big time

try and sit up straight and breath in slowly, using your diaphram, hold it and release even more slowly

have you a song that helps to relax you that you can play

terror-x
16-09-11, 15:41
no i dont know what i have im just im not sure

bottleblond
16-09-11, 15:43
You're not going to have a heart attack.

Anxiety can cause so many physical sympoms but it is just anxiety. Slow deep breaths and and try to distract from it as much as possible. By sitting thinking about it just feeds the anx and keeps it are the forefront.

Kick it's ass hun

xxx

terror-x
16-09-11, 15:45
im trying i normally talk to paige she is good with chatting me down and venus when shes here miss her at the moment shes away :(

bottleblond
16-09-11, 15:52
Awww hun you'll be fine. Just remember too that nothing bad can happen to you even though the anxiety makes us think otherwise.

I think Venus is back from her holiday now. She may be on a little later

xx

terror-x
16-09-11, 15:56
i hope so i just feel awefull i really do especially when im on my own in the office

bottleblond
16-09-11, 16:01
Can't you ring one of your friends for a chat. That's what i used to do when i worked. It's good for distraction.

xxx

terror-x
16-09-11, 16:04
i can do yes but i like to chat to people on NMP to be honest my freinds dont really understand what i go through none of them do they have no idea what anxiety is .

thats why i prefere to chat to people in chat because obvously they all have the experiance for me to chat to them with

macc noodle
16-09-11, 16:26
terror-x

sorry to hear you are feeling rough - like the others have said - distraction is a good aid when you are feeling panicky and anxious.

You will get thru this and you will be proud that you did without the aid of the chat room - you will see it as an achievement in the end :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ljd
16-09-11, 21:39
its sad that chat is down could do with some company just now as feeling alone, scared and dont know what to do. need distraction but hay ho shame some people ruin for others.

evil monkey
16-09-11, 22:43
I actually have it in good faith that right now Ted is rolling around in something disgusting outside V's awning, but they both say hi

terror-x
16-09-11, 23:55
i think it aint wright that i think the staff of NMP dont understand that the chat room actually helps people when talking to others but yet closeing is has only made a few of us panic more because we enjoy talking to others in there . shutting it down ? maybe that was an option they should have gone with last but then again i dont know whats been going on so we cant say

nomorepanic
16-09-11, 23:58
Please read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101506

bottleblond
17-09-11, 00:05
i think it aint wright that i think the staff of NMP dont understand that the chat room actually helps people when talking to others but yet closeing is has only made a few of us panic more because we enjoy talking to others in there . shutting it down ? maybe that was an option they should have gone with last but then again i dont know whats been going on so we cant say

Terror

I am sorry you feel this way but we have many chat members that we NEED to protect.

Unfortunately there will be a few members that may feel 'put out' by the chat room closure, however to ensure we have a long lasting, productive, friendly and happy chat room, we have had to consider all chat members.

Regardless of what we do or how we handle things, we do get some backlash but i have to remind you that myself, the moderators and admin team are all sufferers too.

Lisa

diane07
17-09-11, 00:22
Staff of NMP..........

Don't understand?? About panic and anxiety??

We do not get paid.

I was up till 2am reading through chat logs, i had 5 hours sleep and then back on them from 7.30am till i went to work at 12.50pm, finished work and back on nmp all night and you say you don't think we understand.

while sorting out other peoples issues and complaints and spammers etc.
I am a sufferer too and i am really annoyed at these selfish comments.

I am tired and i also have had my demons to face

And you complain that the free chat room facilty is down for a bit.

Alex
17-09-11, 00:35
i think it aint wright that i think the staff of NMP dont understand that the chat room actually helps people when talking to others but yet closeing is has only made a few of us panic more because we enjoy talking to others in there.

Terror

I think thats quite insulting to the Admins and Chat Rooms mods on NMP. Do not forget that they too are suffers and give their time freely. As far as I am aware the only Admin/Mod on here that has never suffered is me.

Both the Admins and Mods FULLY understand how much the chatroom helps people which is why they put so much effort into keeping it running. In the 10 years that NMP has been running I have shut the chatroom down TWICE so I would say thats a pretty good record.

When complaints are made about chatroom conduct the logs from the chatroom are checked which can take hours and hours, as Di has pointed out.

Being an Admin or Mod can at times be a thankless job at times. I see the amount of time that is put into sorting out childish squabbles in the chatroom and 100% support the decision to close it.

I seriously think you should apologies to the admins/mods for a comment like that.

Alex

debs71
17-09-11, 00:42
terror-x,

Whilst I totally sympathise with you about the panic and stress the closure of the chat room has caused you, I think you are directing your frustrations at the wrong folk, when in fact the admins are the ones who work so hard on the forum, and in this case are only doing this to protect vulnerable members, just like yourself.

I think we do often forget that the admins are sufferers too, just like all of us here, and this site would be a non-starter without them and their hard work.

I think really you should direct your ire at the pathetic, childish, irresponsible members who caused this to happen in the first place. I wonder what such people are even doing on a site like this anyway?

It is a shame that you and others have suffered for their behaviour, but it isn't the fault of the admins hun.:lac:

nomorepanic
17-09-11, 00:53
Thank You Debs for understanding what we are doing at the moment

terror-x
17-09-11, 02:57
i tottally understand that but at the minuite even right now its 3 in the morning ive woke up really feeling ill but yet i cant speak to anyone about it so now im in a panic because i cant bother anyone at this time but there is useually people in the chat room :(

daybyday
17-09-11, 03:06
Do you have anyone from nmp on Facebook to talk to?

terror-x
17-09-11, 03:19
yees i have a few people

mikewales
17-09-11, 10:11
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, however, the chat room was closed to protect all members, so we couldn't keep it open on the offchance people needed to chat in the early hours.

As debs said, if you want to be annoyed, be annoyed at the people who caused us to have to shut it in the first place, not the staff of the site who need to look after the interests of ALL members, not just a minority.

Bravedart
17-09-11, 10:56
Hi all

Having read this thread its brought home to me once again the hard work the admin team do. They ensure this site is kept running and more importantly is a safe and welcoming place for people to share experiences and offer support to others.

I would like to thank all the admin team for their hard work and I think we should all recognise that they do this whilst dealing with their own issues. THANK YOU!! :)

As for chat being closed.... Those responsible should hang your heads in shame. :lac:

Wotnews
17-09-11, 11:45
I am really thankful to all the nmp staff..this is and needs to remain a safe place and it makes me feel less anxious when I know they are working hard to sort out the problem. I've only used chartroom once..but it needs to be a safe place doesn't it. It has made me feel less able to use it knowing there have been problems..and I'm sure they will get sorted

Thanks guys for all your hard work and commitment x

Thanks for all your hard work

ljd
17-09-11, 11:59
Terror your directing your frustration out on the wrong people its not the admin its the people who have misused the chat room thats why its been shut....

I know the chat room closing is not the best thing and i struggled to see its shut. Maybe we should all use other support networks to and not blame or rely on one or other people who also struggle too.

Decisions are made for good reasons and we have to accept that yeh its a blow but it also make think and use other resources n yourself to manage and get by.

thanks admin and mods for all the great work you do do.

As for those people who dont use chat constructively well what can i say..........

terror-x
17-09-11, 16:26
i do understand that the admin are working hard why people would miss use this site in the first place is just beyond me people like myself and others come here for help not to be insulted or what ever the case is for the chat room being closed i do not show any anger against the staff at NMP as they work hard enough to run the forum and i appreciate them so much even those admin and mod staff who calm me down in chat i cant show enough appreciation to them for doing that for me