PDA

View Full Version : doctor sent letter to come in to office...

longnovember
17-09-11, 00:35
Recently had a CT scan for abdominal pain that was clear - but revealed a "fatty lesion" in right butt cheek that the doctor said is likely benign, but she wanted an MRI done to check it out. No pain from the area - I didn't realize anything was there. Had the MRI done on Monday - just received a letter in the mail from the doctor today to "call to make an appointment for a re-check and to discuss all test results". I am panicking now! Why would the doctor need me to come into the office? Do you think she has bad news? If cancer was seen on the MRI they would have called immediately, not sent a letter, right? It is Friday and now I will be sick with worry all weekend. When she called with the CT Scan results she called the lesion a hemangioma and said they were always benign, but I googled it and found that a fatty lesion in the butt could be soft-tissue cancer. So scared :(

mel78
17-09-11, 00:44
Hey Longnovember. Try not to worry. It sounds like you've had a number of tests done, and an MRI is a big deal, so it could just be that she wants to circle back with you on the whole thing. It'd be very surprising if the results were anything to worry about and they notified you via letter. If there was anything urgent, wouldn't they be more likely to call you to come in urgently?

longnovember
17-09-11, 01:03
Thanks for replying to me - the logical part of my brain tells me that if it were anything serious they would have called immediately - but the fear side of my brain usually wins with worst case scenarios. I wasn't even worried about it because the doctor called it benign originally and all the other tests were normal - but she wanted an MRI and I googled it "just to be sure" it wand found some scary scenarios. I wish I would learn my lesson. Thanks again