PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Health Plughole question

panicattack247
17-09-11, 05:35
Hi I havent had any worries for almost a year now I think so i am quite happy. Sorry if this question is offensive, but i have strange fear. I decided to try masturbating somewhere else for a change, so I did it sitting down in the shower. But now I am worried that my penis touched the plughole and if it did that I might catch some sort of disease or infection from it...

Please help.

Bruno58
17-09-11, 06:11
Well its a tough question !!!...maybe you should have posted this one in the men's section but never mind now...:ohmy:

I'm 58 and I've never had any problems with catching anything in that department...I don't think you need to worry but keep an eye on it for the next few days and see your doctor if its worrying you.

J.

Wotnews
17-09-11, 08:02
Hi
If you're worried about anything to do with sexually transmitted infections go to your local gum or sexual health clinic..they are the experts and it might be easier than talking to your . You won't have caught an infection in this way...highly unlikely but to put you mind at rest drop in to your local clinic. If you google sexual health clinic for your local area there will be a few and most of them will be drop ins..you don't need a referral.
Don't worry

panicattack247
17-09-11, 08:19
Hi
If you're worried about anything to do with sexually transmitted infections go to your local gum or sexual health clinic..they are the experts and it might be easier than talking to your . You won't have caught an infection in this way...highly unlikely but to put you mind at rest drop in to your local clinic. If you google sexual health clinic for your local area there will be a few and most of them will be drop ins..you don't need a referral.
Don't worry

I'm not totally petrified. and im not worried about STD's just infection in general.

countrygirl
17-09-11, 12:46
Unless you have the shower from hell covered in black goo bacteria then you have nothing to worry about and even if you did have a shower full of black goo bacteria it would be very unlikely to do you any harm. showers are actually clean places due to the amount of water and soap flowing.

If by any wild chance you got bacteria on you then this would only be a skin problem and not internal so as long as the skin looks okay you are fine.
Don't whatever you do start to manically wash and scrub this area! or you will create the problem you are worrying about.

london
17-09-11, 19:56
your on the wind up
i never known a shower with aids or a std in my life
god bless

panicattack247
18-09-11, 09:23
your on the wind up
god bless

again Im not worried about STD's don't think I actually even mentioned them, just infection in general.

mikewales
18-09-11, 10:03
You have asked this same question a couple of times over the past 3 years - a) I would have thought you would have learned to be more careful if you are that worried about it, and b) if the other times it happened you had no problems afterwards and nothing fell off, you will be fine this time physically.

You really do need to get some medical help though for your worries, you can't keep living constantly worrying about these things.

debs71
18-09-11, 11:33
No. You will not 'catch' anything from this.

Unless you had an open wound which is susceptible to bacteria entering then the chances are frankly nil. Fungal infections can also happen being a damp area, but again, the chances are slim to none.

If, as Mike said, this is not the first time you have been very concerned about this, perhaps it would be wiser to stick to places that do not render you so anxious afterwards.:huh:

panicattack247
18-09-11, 13:55
You have asked this same question a couple of times over the past 3 years - a) I would have thought you would have learned to be more careful if you are that worried about it, and b) if the other times it happened you had no problems afterwards and nothing fell off, you will be fine this time physically.

You really do need to get some medical help though for your worries, you can't keep living constantly worrying about these things.

I am very grateful for your advice. but I don't think I need help. I havent had a worry in the world for almost a year, just feeling run down with study lately and is easy to slip into a bit of a worry at times.

Geoff2301
18-09-11, 19:28
your on the wind up
god bless
you're right.... it must be surely!!

Gemma T
18-09-11, 19:35
Your fine x x x

Anxious_gal
18-09-11, 21:00
well with all the water running down washing away any bacteria and the fact you would need a cut for the bacteria to get into etc...
i'm pretty sure you will be fine :)
You can't catch STD's from showers or toilet seats :)

kibbutz83
22-09-11, 17:21
Pmsl!!!! This is hilarious... :D

Jimgym
22-09-11, 23:39
No - STDs come from sexual contact with another person.
Bacteria lingering on the plug hole are unlikely to be the ones to cause disease. Plus, how would they get up there?

Anxious_gal
23-09-11, 00:21
I got verrucas once from a swimming pool! I would never use a public shower without those special socks on :)

diane07
23-09-11, 00:56
You said you were getting over this

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69278

You really need to take on board on what has been said in the past and go see your gp for further help.

I understand it is your own personal worry, but you are not moving on from it.

Nothing bad has happened to you in the past and nothing bad will happen to you now, please please take note on what replies you are getting and seek the extra support from your gp.

di xx