PDA

View Full Version : feeling of impending doom daily

pebble-69
17-09-11, 14:50
hi my name is helen. I am 42 yrs old. I have been suffering severe panic attacks and have had the ambulance out to me twice now. At these times, the attacks set off severe migraines which i do suffer with but not often as i did as a child. This year I have had an awful lot of stress, broke up with a partner, lost my job, had an accident which ended up with me having surgery, lots of problems with my 22 year old daughter...very long story too..and now suffering sciatica awaiting MRI next week...I teach 3 classes of fitness a week have done for the last 20 years..so I am at the gym up to 5 times a week. My panic came out of the blue again last week, and since then its happening everyday. I only feel safe at home. I cannot shake the horrid feeling in my stomach of what i can discribe, knotted, sick and fear like something is going to happen. its there from the moment i wake up. i am now on betablockers only been on them days..and i am awaiting to start couciling. thing is, I sit in peoples company and they talk to me..saying its all in my head..but all i feel like doing is crying (which i do a lot) and feel helpless and think they just dont understand if only they knew how bad I felt..i live alone and have never been scared like i feel now..i just want this feeling to go and to feel normal again..does anyone else have these feelings? when i have the attacks, i am freezing and shake and vomit lots..my vision is all off its horrible ..hope to hear from someone soon thankyou for reading..

nomorepanic
17-09-11, 14:51
Hi pebble-69

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pebble-69
17-09-11, 15:54
thankyou for your reply.. I have had various panic attacks over the years and a lot as a child. the one i had badly last week, the doctor had to inject me to stop the sickness it was that bad..I couldnt even walk my legs were like jelly. what was worse, is as you may know, you are so scared ..you dont want to be alone so i rang my sister and she told me to get a grip and stop it, as i am just feeling sorry for myself!!! i cannot believe what she said !!! as if i want to do this to myself. this shows how people who have never suffered them, think towards us doesnt it?
the beta blockers are 40mg propranolol twice daily. it is my 5th day and iv been horrible all day had a mild attack this morning, did my breathing, was clammy etc..but not too bad so maybe they are beginning to work. its this feeling in my stomach, i cant get rid of...the scared feeling. i was prescribed the beta blockers months ago and didnt want them but as my panic is getting so frequent, i feel i have no choice. i wished i was on prozac too cos i cannot stand the way i am feeling. i awake everyday with dread and never ready to face the day even though each night i tell myself i will wake and be strong ..it isnt happening.
exercise obviously isnt helping me, the gym is my santuary..I go every day but this feeling isnt going. and its not stopped my depression or panic and iv had years of exercise.. i am on st johns wort again to help and rescue remedy..anything to feel normal again!!

bookworm58
17-09-11, 15:59
hi i am the same am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks,it is the worst thing that i have gone through,mine started when i was going through the menopause,so i know how you feel.

bookworm58
17-09-11, 16:02
i am on propanolol,they do help,it annoys me when people say get a grip.it's a pity it doesn't happen to them,then they know how we feel.

pebble-69
17-09-11, 16:52
yes I know..if they even had the slightest idea what happens.. do you find the beta blockers help and how long have you been on them? i dont want to rely on them forever but if it makes me well again ..its more important:)

bookworm58
17-09-11, 18:38
i have been taking them on and off for some time now,i was told to take them when i need to,i usually take one 10mg tablet in the morning,but everyone is different when they take them,hope this is of some use.they take about 30 mins to act,i can not take any other beta blockers because of my other medication that i take.
we women need to keep strong and positive,and i know it is very hard.