PDA

View Full Version : bad anxiety aftet a few pints

Dazfoxy530
17-09-11, 18:48
Hi, I've been suffering really bad physical symptoms of gad for the last few months, but yesterday felt great nearly all day for the first day in ages. I hadn't been out socially for months so thought if pop for a drink with mates. Didn't go too mad, but had 4 pints, wish I hadn't now , tight chest all day to point of nearly going to hospital, weird spaced out feeling. Terrible day. Does anybody else get bad after alcohol? Guess ill just have to cut it out totally, the feelings I've had today are never worth it. THe doctor has given me sertraline to take, I haven't started them yet, little scared of the side effects.

James1983
17-09-11, 21:50
the last time I had a big session I felt awful with really bad anxiety. I am now on sertraline. I have been fine on them it takes a few weeks for them to kick in but I recommend them, but don't drink with them. after a month you could wean yourself onto say a pint a day but everyone is different some people are bad with the mix if unsure don't mix the two it does say on the leaflet not to drink with them, but I have done:unsure:

daisydoo
17-09-11, 22:36
Hi. I get really anxious after a drink and started to get anxious about having a drink and how it would make me feel. So not had any alcohol for ages. make excuses like i cant cope with getting up with children etc as people do question why i wont even have one. But been so long now no one asks anymore. Did have a couple of glasses of wine last week but was worrying,after. Hope its not always like this do like a social drink occasionally x

Anxious_gal
18-09-11, 00:06
Alcohol speeds up your heart rate which can make you anxious.
It also lowers your blood sugar and dehydrates you.

I always drink sprite or a sugary fizzy drink along with my alcohol and I find that always prevented hang overs, but I do drink much slower than my friends.

Dazfoxy530
18-09-11, 15:04
Thanx for the replies guys, ill just have to stay away from alcohol I think, chest is only just getting better now, gonna start on sertraline tonight, hoping for not too many side effects, have tried citroplam made me feel breathless, fluoxetine, made me so tired, felt like I was gonna pass out, that started a panic, so third time lucky.

selphie
18-09-11, 15:28
trust me stay away from the alcohol im so depressed today after a night of drinking i was fine while i was drinking now its the next day and im sooooo anxious and worried today and like you i have a horrible tight feeling in my chest was it wort it def not.:unsure: