PDA

View Full Version : Lumps

Stephni
17-09-11, 22:34
The main things I worry about within my GAD is lumps!
I always find them in random places in my body, go to the doctors, feel fine for a few days and then go back to touching an old lump again in another part of my body.
It's like a vicious circle...
My latest lump I can't leave alone is the lump in my neck which I have been to the doctors about 4 times for.
They say it's a gland but I have had it for about 7 years... I'm 20 years old.
It seems to get bigger when I play with it more.. I have found another little lump near it and i'm freaking out and can't leave it alone :/
WORRIEDDDDDD.... I hate my GAD grrr!!

countrygirl
18-09-11, 12:59
Swollen lymph nodes from past infections can stay enlarged for life and whenever you prod and poke them this irritates them so they swell more.
I had chicken pox as an adult that nearly killed me and I got two huge swollen nodes on back of neck near hairline this was when I was 28 and am now 50 so long time ago. I had large nodes for next 10 years at least and if I rummage even now I can still fine one of them which will then swell up a bit for a week or so.

unfortunetly I know a few people who have or have had lymphoma in various forms and they all of them had HUGE swellings that could not be dismissed as just a bit of a swollen gland.

If we all prodded and poked our bodies we will find all sorts of lumps- usually fatty lumps unless you are a beanpole with no body fat:).

Stephni
28-09-11, 20:07
thank you so much x