PDA

View Full Version : nitrazepam (sleeping tablets)

bookworm58
18-09-11, 07:38
hi has anyone taken nitrazepam or any other sleeping tablet.and what happened when you came off,i was on them for 18 months,came off them to quickly and had rebound effect,withdrawal symptoms very bad,have been back on them for a month,was told by my doctor that i can just stop them as i won't get any side effects of withdrawal,yet you read that they should be tapered off slowly.am going through the menopause and not sleeping,also having palpitations,anxiety,not having enough sleep made me have a nervous breakdown,i am at the stage now,where i have had enough.

Magic
18-09-11, 10:09
Hi Bookworm,
I take 2 nitrazepam at night. I have bee taking them fo a long while,
I don't know how I would be if I came off them.
I would taper off them and not stop straight away if it was me.
Good Luck

Magic
18-09-11, 10:10
sorry forgot to say 2 5mg a night

countrygirl
18-09-11, 12:55
All these drugs even anti depressants ned to be reduced gradually or you get withdrawal effects, maybe only take then for say 4 nights a week to begin with so at least you are getting some good nights sleep and do this for a few weeks before reducing one more night, slowly slowy.

My periods stopped 7 months ago so am nearly post meno and one of the big symptoms with me last 3 years has been sleep. I wake up numerous times a night for a short while and seem to dream vividly every night. I often feel like I need a nights sleep after a nights sleep:), occasionally I take a zolpiderm tablet that gets me 4-5 hrs uniterrupted sleep but thats it and only once every few weeks. I totally sympthise with the horrors of lack of sleep I have been there awake for nights on end - now we know why they use this as torture technique!