PDA

View Full Version : Anybody panic when spot appears on their body/face

reddevil
17-05-06, 12:54
Hi,

I feel daft mentioning this but it is one of my health anxiety issues and I could do with some reassurance to help me calm down as I do not want to keep running to my doctor.

I went to shave last night and I noticed two red things just under my cheek and I have started to panic (I hate this anxiety).

They don't look like spots to me but my wife and friend say they are and not to worry about them. To me they look like red round boils?

Why do I worry?
Hard question to answer, maybe I'm afraid they are kind of related to cancer, I'm not sure, but my body goes into panic mode.

Can anybody help calm me down regarding this strange anxiety order I have?

Tony

Dan21
17-05-06, 13:02
Hi Tony,

I sometimes get little spots/lumps on my face. They are more often than not blocked pores that have become irritated. I'm sure given a few days or so they will sink back down again.

Dan

-----------------------------
Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift
Glide me towards you.....

ollie35
17-05-06, 13:20
Hi Red,

Sure it is nothing mate, I get them from time to time, just as Dan says blocked pores.

We do tend to worry more when we have anxiety issues, we always tend to think the worst. So try not to worry mate.

Paul

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Wannabeloved85
17-05-06, 13:49
I think the reason youve panicked is because theres something on your body that wasnt there before. its easily done! I once went through a series of panic when i found a lump on my neck. i swore blind it was painful and something very serious indeed. untill one day i was curling my hair and i caught myself on the neck with the curling irons, then it all came flooding back to me, the danger lump was a scar from bout 2 years ago when i first curled my hair! i felt so silly lol.
Now spots! well they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes! believe me! I also believe {if im wrong please correct me} that theres such thing as a nervous rash, wich appers like a spot/blotch thing. But they do go in due time. and nothing at all to worry about.
Take care
Becci x

boy
17-05-06, 14:51
I've worried about this before. It is one of the worries you look back on and think "oops!" but I've done this one about 3 times.

I've got spots all over my body anyway, so don't worry :)