PDA

View Full Version : hello

Adam James
19-09-11, 15:55
Hi obviously new here not sure about the etiquette of these types of introductions so i'll try and be brief. Having intitially being skeptical about joining a forum such as this after reading some peoples stories it is worth a go. I am a 25 year old man who for over a year has been suffering from really bad panic attacks and now i have been diagnosed with a panic disorder. Today i had the worst panic attack i have ever had which actually involved me physically being sick, struggling to breathe and genuinely believing i was going to die i have had the doctor out who has prescribed some diazepam which has seemed to calm me down but i am struggling so on this forum i hope to learn a bit more about this horrible condition and share some of my expiriences, thanks.

diane07
19-09-11, 15:57
Hi Adam James

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

~glowly worm~
19-09-11, 16:12
Hello there,

i was also skeptical about joining but believe me so far it has been the best thing I ever did! Everyone here is so supportive towards recovery and so kind. I hope you find it as helpful as I continue to and look forward to seeing you in chat if you decide to join in that.

All the best

~glowly~

~glowly worm~
19-09-11, 16:13
p.s. so sorry to learn about your rough time :(

Adam James
19-09-11, 16:32
thank you, i think i will join the chat be nice to get other people perspectives, thanks.

~glowly worm~
19-09-11, 16:43
Look forward to seeing you on there,

and you are most welcome! :)