PDA

View Full Version : The 'HAD' scale assessment.

Bruno58
19-09-11, 15:57
During the past six months or so I've been quite well regarding my depression/anxiety/panic problems, I've controlled the demons almost to extinction...! part of the reason is the warmer weather and being able to catch some sun, I can also do more to occupy my mind which is very important for me, I can't sit idle with nothing to concentrate on for more than half an hour, phsyically I'm unable to do the stuff I used to...eg...jogging/cycling/fix the car and the rest...so I can get very frustrated which is an open doorway to the depths of depression etc, it can develop in a flash if something goes badly wrong and I can't find a solution quickly.

A few years ago I was really down and my doctor persuaded me to have an assessment at the Psychiatry dept in the surgery, I saw a young female who asked questions and later produced a report on what she found.

I have the report now and the questions were standard for the HAD scale, this is new to me so I've checked what it is about.

I now know my 'score' for that time, there are 2, one for anxiety and for depression.

Has anyone else experience of this assessment and know the result?

Thanks
J.

mabel
19-09-11, 21:58
Ive done the assessment a few times! Depends on how I am! First time I did it I was very high on the scale! But have done it again and its improved loads! It is a good tool! But can only assess you on the day! Its bound to high when you first do it! So it can vary all the time! When I've had it done I tend to do it when I am feeling rock bottom! Then do it again about 2 months later to see a vast improvement! Which I always do!

crystal17
19-09-11, 22:06
I've just taken the test after finding it online and scored 19 out of 21 :scared15:

Bruno58
19-09-11, 23:49
Thanks for the replies:)

Its late and I have a very important letter to send tomorrow RE: ATOS, I'm really turning the pressure up now and I'm hoping to make an impact...we'll have to see what happens.

I'll say that at the time of my HAD assessment my scores were 15 for anxiety and 19 for depression...It does vary a lot but mine lasted for month's at the time!

It can return but if you are worried I will say you can beat it, I did and I'm fighting it off at the moment.

keep positive guy's :shades:

J.

Bruno58
20-09-11, 18:51
Had a busy day today and I'm still behind with things I need to do, keeps my mind occupied I suppose!

I've done the test online about half an hour ago, answered the Q's without taking any time over them...11-15 so moderate, Hmmm:ohmy:

Looks like I cover it up.

Crystal17, sorry to hear that, I know how you feel, Take care.

J.