PDA

View Full Version : Kidney problems

lisa1987
19-09-11, 19:05
I was prescribed Mebeberine by my doctor to take Three times a day, 20 minutes before eating. I explained to my GP I been having painful pressure points thats exactly on my right kidney area as well as on my back. I use to get a cold sensation from my side down to my left which felt numb. I have had my blood tested for my kidney and everything came back normal as well as an Urine test. After months ago in pain and discomfort, they gave me Mebeverine. Now she said this is for IBS which I know for sure I dont have. I'm struggling to understand what the cause would be.

Thanks for reading, and left me know what you think
(note: I have only one kidney)

looking4answers
19-09-11, 19:08
Better get a ultra sound or ct scan,that is the way mine started and they arent even sure of what the two things are they found yet. Anyway at least you will know if somethinfg is there.

countrygirl
19-09-11, 21:28
If your Dr has done a kidney function blood test then they know that your kidney is working okay as this test tells them how well your kidneys are working. This is how they diagnose the level of kidney failure in people so if you have a normal result thats great.

Spasms of the bowel can cause pain in very odd places - I have ibs and had months where i felt as if i had a tight band round my tummy button it was so bad I could not sleep , did not hurt but felt as if the area was going to burst or as if something was moving around in there! It was completely harmless and just my bowel spasming but worried me at the time.

If you want more reassurance then maybe ask you Dr for a renal ultrasound for your peace of mind as thats the only test you have not had but don't think you need it, discuss with your Dr why you feel you need it and see what she says.