PDA

View Full Version : Infinity phobia

widbearuk
17-05-06, 14:41
Are there any people here who hate looking at the open sky? I have had this phobia for about 6 years now and when my anxiety levels are high it is almost unbearable. However, on a positive note, when my anxiety is low the sky doesn't really bother me - so I see the link.

I'd be interested to know how any other people with this phobia manage it.

sophieunderscore
17-05-06, 15:17
Definately!

And anything to do with space etc!

I also have a fear of things like evolution... like how could we all evolve from just a few cells and also thinking about how the body works hehe!

But yeah I know what you mean, and its pretty scary, mine fluctuates with my anxiety too, I have health anxiety so I get thinking about death and then infinity and the sky gets scary!

widbearuk
17-05-06, 18:08
Yup same here - I think some of my phobia is to do with too much deep thinking! Easier to analyse it than to cure it though, but the fact that it goes into the background when my life is OK is a relief.

emster
17-05-06, 20:32
i have this fear too, especially looking up at the stars at night, it always makes me feel sort of vunerable and helpless, and it really freaks me out when i think of the huge distances and how big everything is. also looking up makes me feel dizzy (even looking at ceilings). like you it only bothers me at times when im anxious anyway.
the best way of coping with it (for me anyway) is to not look and to not think about it, or at least dont think about it as it really is.