PDA

View Full Version : New to site and only recently decided to get help!!

Tinka
19-09-11, 19:42
Hi all!! Hope your having a good day! I have been battling self harm and depression for years!! I have only been on meds for a week!! I just want to get out of this dark place it is ruining my relationship with my family and boyfriend!! One thing that I love to do is run I wish I didn't have to stop!!

Thank you for reading my post!! Xxxx

diane07
19-09-11, 19:43
Hi Tinka

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mr.Jitters
19-09-11, 19:55
Hi Tinka,

Welcome to NMP. There's some excellent support here, these guys just helped me get out of the house on my own for the first time in three months today after a relapse into Panic Disorder & Agoraphobia. How are you finding the meds so far? Are you getting any other help, or using any other resources besides the meds yet?

Tinka
19-09-11, 20:22
Hey!! Sounds like your on the right track! I'm waiting to go for some therapy as well!! I use gym as my therapy at the mo!! Meds are making me feel so sick :( are you on meds too? Xx

Mr.Jitters
19-09-11, 20:43
Good luck with your therapy. There are loads of self help and CBT resources floating around on the forums that are great, too. Gym is a great therapy in itself. Unfortunately lots of meds have that effect in the first few weeks. Worth it when they kick in, though :) I went through hell and back for the first two weeks my meds were changed from Dosulepin to Nortriptyline, now in my third week and things are really looking up. Hope yours have you feeling better soon!

NMPTed
20-09-11, 13:40
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: