PDA

View Full Version : will it get better?

cluck
20-09-11, 00:49
Hi guys i have had a really bad few weeks docs have diagnoised me with health anxiety and severe depression, i have been giving meds and on the waiting list for counselling, i am constanly living in fear that something awful is going to happen to me i feel so ill all the time, is this normal im very afraid at the moment xxx

Babikins
20-09-11, 01:02
Hey cluck (:

Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel my lovely. This is the way I always thought of it...

I had every test available to me through my GP. All the blood work and the examinations and every test said I was physically healthy.

Now once you know that, it REALLY helps put things into perspective. Once you know you are the one hurting yourself, it makes it much easier to over come it.

It can be a long road, but if you have faith and keep going to your appointments, keep trying new meds and therapies, something WILL work for you.

What sort of health anxiety are your struggling with at the moment?

Babs,

x

steven67
20-09-11, 01:15
hi chuck ,had my h/a and depression for 6 1/2 yrs it does get better i do have the odd bad week or two ,you name it i had it ,pains in the head for 2yrs ,ibs back and hip pain felt nacked all the time and i can go on and on ,but you just live with it and its does get better,i will give you a tip that helped me think and forcus what is good and not what is bad i was so bad at one time ,i went to end it all, do not do this or every think it,i a happy now with the odd pain or two , there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you feel like shit at the moment thats normal, atvb steve:yesyes:

Ddcoo
20-09-11, 08:30
Hi cluck, i am so sorry that you are feeling so bad at the moment, but you are doing all the right things with taking medcation and going for counselling, it will all help you.

You are never alone when you belong to this site, there is always someone to help you through. I don't know what I would have done without the kindness of folk on here.

The medication takes a few weeks to kick in properly, how long have you been on it? The best advice I can give you that helps me is ditch the negative thinking and try to become involved with something pleasant that takes your mind off how you are feeling. I know it's a lot easier said than done but it is worth trying. I do hope you feel better soon.:hugs:

M155anthr0p3
20-09-11, 13:36
I've had it for 10 years & most days are a struggle but it DOES get better I promise you. Don't give in & let it beat you...that's how I get through.

Thinking of you.

cluck
20-09-11, 23:02
Hi guys thank you all for your kind replies, I'm just so worried at the moment I actually thought I was going crazy, this site is helping me a lot I now know I'm not alone xx