PDA

View Full Version : Hi

saltburnbill
20-09-11, 10:26
I've had bouts of depression and anxiety since my late teens and now I'm 52.

Most recently I had a "breakdown" after taking a new job. I'd been unemployed for months and got a new job - yippee. I live in the UK and the new job was in Cyprus. To cut a long story short, I arrived late on Saturday morning and started work on Monday, resigned on Tuesday, and back in the UK on Wednesday. I had panicked -- I thought I might do something stupid, totally crack up, felt I couldn't handle it, was too hot, having to set up home etc. Ever since, and this was months ago I've regretted it big time and I constantly rerun the whole situation and how my life would have been so much better if I'd somehow managed to stick it out. I guess I feel a big failure and can't see any light at the end of the tunnel and I don't see any future.

As far as treatment goes -- after nearly fifteen years of being on Seroxat I've been weaned off them onto Mirtazapine. These don't have as bad a side effects as Seroxat but they don't seem to be doing much for my depression either. The worse thing I find with the mirtazapine is having fairly loose bowels. I think because the underlying reason for my anxiety -- the constant reliving of my bad experience -- I'm making it harder to get better. I just keep having to beat myself up about it -- I can't stop it -- I've almost developed a slight phobia about the UK itself. Sometimes I get in the car and when I'm driving I just scream in frustration.

I also feel so alone -- desperately lonely.

Been told by Psychs in the past that I suffer from separation anxiety. Just a lable though and what's the "cure".

nomorepanic
20-09-11, 10:27
Hi saltburnbill

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
20-09-11, 10:35
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Thanks for sharing your story. Dont give up on wellness, lots of people lead full and happy lives even with their anxiety. Keep reading the info here, and look up threads using the search facility that are of particular interest to you.
Paula x

venusbluejeans
20-09-11, 13:24
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
20-09-11, 23:04
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

saltburnbill
21-09-11, 09:13
Hi

Thanks