PDA

View Full Version : Worried...

Liliana83
20-09-11, 15:17
Well, this last Friday I went in for my 6 month check at the gyno...was diagnosed with high risk HPV back in March. I had a colposcopy done at the time and the doctor removed the very tiny problem area (did a biopsy)..results came back it was only mild changes (CIN1).

So, I went in Friday and for the most part tried to remain calm..had a pap smear and another colposcopy..he and the nurse were like since last time it was only mild changes I don't think we'll be doing another biopsy today. So, he starts the procedure of looking at my cervix and tells the nurse present that he sees another problem area close to where he last did a biopsy...he removes it and tells me it could still be remains of the last time he saw me that maybe it was still in the early stages of change and it may have developed soon after the first time he saw me and could still be just mild changes..OR..it could also be moderate changes (CIN2). He basically gave me a 50/50 change of it being mild still..or moderate. I'm so nervous..I cried when I got in my car after I left the doctor office.

I know there are preventive procedures done to prevent cervical cancer..it's just something you don't want to hear could happen. I asked the doctor should I be worried and he said not at all. If it indeed is CIN2 he will want to see me right away to do a LEEP procedure.

Doctor said my results will be in by Thursday...they are going to phone me. :sad:

I'm doing my best not to google LEEP procedures..I have enough to worry about at the moment..!

*crossing fingers*...

swgrl09
21-09-11, 15:51
The waiting part must feel awful, but just remember you've been through it before and gotten through it. I've found googling has made everything worse for me, and what I have googled has literally never been correct. Keep us posted

Liliana83
21-09-11, 16:25
^I agree...I don't google symptoms and or scary stuff anymore..I've learned my lesson, lol. I will def post my results tomorrow..when they tell me. :unsure:

Thanks for your kind words..

mandshere2000
21-09-11, 16:28
Thinking of you and sending big:hugs: your way

Liliana83
21-09-11, 16:34
^Thank you so much!

linjoy
21-09-11, 19:44
wishing you the best of luck

Liliana83
21-09-11, 20:45
^Thank you!

bronte
22-09-11, 10:18
hope everythings fine good luck xx

Liliana83
22-09-11, 14:45
^Thank you...today is the day I find out! I'm impatiently waiting to hear from them..

Liliana83
22-09-11, 21:50
I was impatient and decided to call them around noon. The receptionist said if the results were abnormal someone would call me, most likely the doctor or one of his nurses...it's 3:47pm right now (in the states)..they close the office at 5. She told me if the results were normal they'd post it on their webpage..she gave me the details to sign up. There are no lab results posted. So, I'm still waiting, I suppose...? Maybe the results aren't in yet? I hope to hear from them hopefully before 5pm today...or tomorrow?

I kept checking the webpage every hour since noon..but still nothing...

macc noodle
22-09-11, 22:28
It must be awful waiting but I would take the fact that they have not called as a positive one and just check their website tomorrow morning.

xxxx

xfilme
23-09-11, 10:14
Loop excision is no big deal. its an outpatients treatment and a very common preventative procedure. Just to put your mind at rest, I had abnormal smears for 2 years. It started out borderline and ended at CIN2. I had a colposcopy to confirm these results and by the time I got to the appointment and had it checked, it had already cleared by itself and reverted back to normal. Please do remember that cell abnormalities are common and indicate cell changes and no more. They are not cancer, they are just an indication that your body is fighting something, whether that be as a result of infection (bladder), vitamin deficiency or a whole spectrum of other minor problems. Mine was as a result of low iron. When I corrected my low iron, my CCIN2 corrected itself. A healthy immune system usually results in the CIN2 reverting to normal without any treatment at all. Mine have been normal since my last smear test and I have now reverted to 3 yearly smears. When I freaked out after getting the first abnormal results, I spent a lot of time researching and everywhere seems to report that HPV can disappear from your system by itself (as mine did) over a two year period, so please dont expect an immediate change, but dont be worried by the duration. Its totally normal. If its cervical cancer you are worried about, dont be. Cervical cancer takes about 20 years to develop, and is 99% preventable because of this. So long as you attend your smear tests when asked, the changes of it leading to something bad are very unlikely indeed.

Liliana83
23-09-11, 14:53
Thank you guys for your responses..I'm feeling better at the moment.

xfilme-did you have a LEEP procedure done? I am overall pretty healthy..I RARELY get sick. The last time I was sick..it was 2 years ago from a sinus infection. The doctor recommended me take vitamin c tablets daily to help my immune system out.

I still haven't heard from them, yet..so we'll see I guess. It's almost 9am here..

xfilme
23-09-11, 18:55
No, I didnt need Loop, because my CIN2 had reverted to normal by the time I went for the colposcopy. General rule of thumb, is if they are worried, they get in touch really fast. Usually in less than a week. If it drags on with no news, it usually means theres nothing to worry about. Even if you did have to go for the loop treatment,, it is only a small wire loop that removes the tp layer of cells. I have many friends who have had it done at some point in their lives and they barely even remember what it was like, so it cant be bad can it. When I was tol I might need it, they told me the treatment would only take 20 mins.

From my own past experience, I would say you are worrying unduly. Its easy to imagine that something terrible has happened since they last checked, but the truth of the matter is, big changes take over a decade. Take a deep breath. Ive been there and I assure you, youre just feeling anxious. I suffer from chronic health anxiety. My abnormal tests got me so stressed that it took me a year and a half to correct the iron deficiency that resulted. Keep cool and remember, both the tests and the treatment are just precautionary. There are no implications based on a CIN2 that cannot simply be resolved by themselves in most cases. send me a private message if you want to chat about it of have some reassurance. x

Liliana83
24-09-11, 02:07
^Thank you for all that info! Well, I didn't hear from them today..nor did they update their webpage. I'm not going to stress myself out..it's the weekend and I want to enjoy it.

Liliana83
26-09-11, 20:03
Well, I finally heard from them via phone..they called this morning. It was my doctor's nurse informing me that they did indeed get the results and forgot to call me Thursday. She said it was still just mild changes (CIN1) and not moderate like he otherwise thought. What a relief! She told me they'd like to see me in a year rather than after 6 months. :)