PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Blueprints

musiclover
20-09-11, 16:07
Hi, I am new to the site although I have suffered from anxiety (with some depression) for 13 years. I take Setraline, and have done for most of the 13 years currently at 100mg per day (although I started on 50mg and have had one period for six months where I was able to come off the tablets completley). I am lucky enough to have an amazing mother and step-father who are there when I need them and two best girlfriends who are equally amazing. I am at university and haved lived out of home for a number of years.

Recently I have been unwell. Before this period of unwellness, I decided to sign up to a dating website. After having 4 dates with different people in 4 months, I met someone who I clicked with. To cut a long story short after the 3rd date he has decided to take some time out he said partly due to my behaviour, partly due to him not being sure if he is ready. I can be quite intense and insecure but not a psycho, but I am also a fun and loving person.

The reason for my post was to ask whether people think there is such a thing as emotional blueprints which our brain's make during a painful/stressful time and then if the situation arises again, it reacts in a similar way. I was in a bad relationship earlier in my 20's where the person cheated on me and used to do horrible things such as go missing for days on end and make me feel like I was worthless. I am wondering if the reason for my intense behaviour with this new 'man' was because my sub concious is remembering how it felt in that previous relationship. It was like I didn't want it to happen again and therefore used to panic if he didn't return my texts or calls.

There have been other situations which I can also relate this to and am considering contacting a private counsellor I saw once before to talk this through with her. I trust her and she really helps.

Sorry to go on, but would love some feedback!!