PDA

View Full Version : Left arm ache question (again! sorry!)

VioletWings
20-09-11, 16:54
Hi all,

I know I asked something about this the other day -as I got it when walking -this does happen sometimes these days (usually when I'm very tired). And right now I'm run down with a cold, and I've been getting the upper arm ache now and then. I was reading up about it (rightly or wrongly..) and read that it happens when you're anxious because of the adrenaline flow.. but I haven't been feeling anxious or panicking when I've had the pain. I know I've experienced similar before, I just can't work out why it is!
I had heart checks (echo and 24hour) a year or so ago and nothing came up. Can anyone relate to getting left arm aches/pains even when not displaying any other anxiety symptoms?

M155anthr0p3
20-09-11, 17:16
Now I know this sounds silly...
But I get this a lot from using my iphone. Is it possible you've been holding your arm funny.
I have had it during a panic attack as well but that was a different feeling..more like tingling.

VioletWings
20-09-11, 17:23
Hi M155,
I don't think it's to do with that as I am right handed and it's my left arm that gets the pains. It's more like an achey intermittent pain when I get it.
(thanks for your response!)

MikeyJon
20-09-11, 17:24
For a couple of years, I complained (and complained and complained!) of pains in my upper and lower left arm. Eventually, it was discovered that I had a compressed disc in my neck...right at the spot where many of the nerves servicing my left arm/left upper body originate. A few sessions with a chiropractor helped significantly!
However, owing to my weightlifting, work and carrying my child I still suffer from bouts of this pain. Even though it's not the panic trigger it once was it's still very unsettling and distracting. Most times I lay down if I can and take pressure off my neck and back. Of course, that also helps me relax a bit.

VioletWings
20-09-11, 18:24
That's interesting, thanks for the reply Mikey, though I can't imagine it being something like that for me! It is not all the time, just sometimes, and intermittent. I suppose I'll mention it at my next doc appointment.

M155anthr0p3
20-09-11, 20:57
Could be a pinched nerve? Mention it to the doctor....can't hurt can it x