PDA

View Full Version : lower right side abdomonal pain??? getting worried now

lindajane1971
20-09-11, 18:43
Hi all,
About 5 days ago i started gettting discomfort in my lower right side, its a b it hard to explain exactly where it is but i will give it a go...
i presume everyones belly button is in the same place LOL anyway its in line with belly button, maybe slightly lower, on right side, its a pain thats there if i move to get up, or laugh, or press it in. (Its not sore if i dont move and its ok if im lying on that side)
i have been driving a lot today and its beeen niggling me all day, and i was uncomfortable in the car, i so am wanting to google but i know thats not a good idea!!!
Im just so worried its something awful, i really dont want to go to the doctor, im too scared, im also very fat to put it bluntly and so i dont want the doctor to see that, i know they see all sorts but im just too embarrased with the state ive let my body get into :(
anyway this annoying pain has been there for almost a week :(
anyone had anything similar??
i have tried to attach a picture of a diagram showing where it is, looking at the diagram all i can see is intestines where the pain is. its definately not as far up as the gall blader and its too high to be appendix.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/xfirebird/Humantorsoshowingtargetzonecopy.jpg

lindajane1971
20-09-11, 20:32
i hate google :(

macc noodle
20-09-11, 20:35
I hate Dr Google too - but if I were you I would put this fear to bed once and for all and go see your doctor.

You have put up with it for 5 days now - that is long enough and do not worry about your size - they do see all shapes and sizes and will not judge you.

Take care

Macc Noodle

lindajane1971
20-09-11, 21:07
thnx for the reply macc ,
ive went from not thinking about it and saying its just a sore bit to - kidney failing, blocked intestine, colon cancer, pancreas problems, hip/bone cancer and what if i need an op, i fear anaesthetic/operations, dying on the table, leaving my kids motherless.....my mind is spinning :(

countrygirl
20-09-11, 21:09
Just shut your eyes and think of england:) when the Dr examines you - they will have seen much worse believe me. I worked at a Dr and have aDr friend and he says its just a job, in fact what he hates the most is men with dangly bits of poo stuck to their bum hair:yesyes::yesyes: now I bet you haven't got any of that have you!

Your pain could be from so many different things that really only a trained Dr can have any idea what is causing it. You have given it time to go away by itself and it could be as simple as a muscle thing as it only hurts when you move or could it be ovulation pain as I ussed to have that and it only hurt when I moved or went to the loo???? see endless possibilities.

lindajane1971
20-09-11, 22:56
thanks countrygirl for your reply, i just dont know about going to the doctor as im so scared, i really cant imagine dangy bits of poo dangling from anywhere lol omg poor doctors!!!!!!!
i sneezed a minute ago and it was really painfull on that sore bit :(

Trevstan
21-09-11, 01:30
Hi there i have had the same pain for 5 week's now since i had my colonoscopy doctor's think it's IBS that is causing the pain as they rule out everything else, but it only started after i had the scope done.

Maybe's that's what caused the flare up not sure.

emmawalton
07-10-11, 22:10
iget right sided pain too and like u worry is something serious, unless u get it then nobody else understands so i totally know where u are coming from.

pearl79
27-02-12, 12:59
getting the exact same thing, had it 9 months x

Breezay
27-02-12, 14:48
Did you see your Dr? I would definitely go just for a check up.
I get god-awful pains in my right side, just above my right hipbone. I ended up in hospital with it once because it hurt so badly that the Drs thought it might have been my appendix! A good rest and painkillers helped.. A few months later, I got the same pain again. It wasn't until the second time that I realised it was my IBS! Damn thing. I was given some stronger antispasmodics and they really help. The other thing that helps is a microwaveable wheat pad. I should start selling these things, I recommend them SO much! Lol. It's the only thing that takes away the pain completely after a few hours of using it. That and rest. Now I don't use my meds often at all!

Jo1981
27-02-12, 15:00
Hi there i had the exact same thing for about 5 weeks and its only just stopped now!! Like you i was worried sick and was scared to go to the doctors if i got out of the car from driving i felt it and if i sneezed i felt it,i cant describe what it felt like though it was more of a niggle than a pain but in exactly the same place as you described..i suffer ibs and i have re ently cut out wheat products and that seems to of cleared it..my mum also thought it could of been a urine infection as i hardly drink so been drinking more recently..hope it dissapears soon for you x

pearl79
27-02-12, 15:41
ive often wondered if mine was IBS because im so stressed all the time, but i didnt think IBS was just in one spot constantly...

Breezay
27-02-12, 15:58
ive often wondered if mine was IBS because im so stressed all the time, but i didnt think IBS was just in one spot constantly...

It can be :) Mine varies, I have a few different types of attack. Some are all over body cramps, some are whole abdominal cramps and some are purely a sharp pain in my right side, no bigger than the size of a golf ball!

pearl79
27-02-12, 16:01
yeah mine is like a small stingy pain, but not always there.. have has it since i started all this stress of HA xx