PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back....

JaguarX
20-09-11, 22:53
Hey... I used to be a member some time ago... I got better with my panic attacks and was doing really well. Being witness to a car accident a few months ago triggered my panic attacks again whilst driving... and today I had to go 111 miles and had an awful time and had to pull off the A34. I've been cured for 5 years and then this. I know I can do it... but I need support from likeminded people as those who dont suffer can't relate to how I feel. I am very confident and very strong. A confident and very good driver... but put me on a motorway or dual carriageway and I freak... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xx

diane07
20-09-11, 22:55
Hi JaguarX

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
20-09-11, 23:02
Hi and welcome back :welcome:

Paige x

Bruno58
22-09-11, 06:50
Hi, interesting you find motorways and dual carriageway's a problem...is it the higher speed or the lane changing that's causing you to panic...?

J.

eeyorelover
22-09-11, 07:29
Welcome back!

Did you get where you were going?
Did you continue on after you pulled over for a bit?

Remember that it isn't the panic or the fear that's the issue! You've had panic before and you've dealt with it. It's what you do with the feelings that's important!
Continue to push past the panic and you will get thru this rough patch!
xxx
Sandy

JaguarX
18-01-12, 22:31
Well I went to Redditch yesterday (17th Jan 2012) and major fail. I planned my route to avoid motorways and A34. What a pain. I did OK getting there, but it added 45 minutes on my journey. Way home I was OKish, but seemed to always be the leader car on the normal roads, that made me nervous as I dont have good night vision. Then by mistake I ended up on the A34... major panic and exited and ended up getting lost! The tears flowed. I got home eventually 45 minutes behind schedule. I feel so stupid. I can handle not doing motorways but simple dual carriageways and roads like the A34... it would be so simple to just shoot down at 50mph and job done... I have asked my boyfriend to sit with me in two weeks when we have no kids for the day and let me drive my route down the A34 and back again... see how I get on and ride the panic... I've succeed before and I can do it again. I think the trigger that bought the attacks back this time was a deer ran out in front a car and the car span and ended up upside down rammed into a tree in front of me - bang back to square 1. The fear isnt so much the speed its the not being in control I guess... not being able to pull over or stop when I want... no exits... fast pace... and maybe being far from home on roads I dont know that well. And being scared of crashing and leaving my kids without a mum. Hope this all makes some sence. Thank you for your support. This is a great site. xx