PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for advice to help me overcome my anxiety disorder!

dan08
20-09-11, 23:11
Hi all, I've been suffering with what I now know is a slight anxiety disorder or even mini panic attacks for the past few years I've been aware of this and I get good days and some not so good days. When it all started I used to think it was just 'nerves', until I realised it was happening in situations that I'd usually be calm with previously. It seems when I am in a certain situation, my heart starts pounding, I start to sweat and blush and feel like I need to escape whatever situation it is that I am in, which is usually and strangely in shops, particularly if there is a large queue.

I know anxiety disorders can strike at any time I'm constantly on 'edge' if I'm having a bad day, from reading many of the posts on here I realise that there are many people who seem to have sever cases of anxiety disorders and in reality mine seems so pathetic, but it is actually starting to affect my life. I am usually a positive person and I'm positive that I can eventually over come this but I'm not sure how, I suppose I need to understand the cause to find the solution??

Any advice from other sufferers would he greatly appreciated, as a 23 year old i want to be enjoying life but some situations are too 'scary' for me.

diane07
20-09-11, 23:13
Hi dan08

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

boat ride
21-09-11, 00:00
I dont think you have anxiety . Anxiety has you .
And i dont mean this in a bad way after 20 years of panic .
I dont have it as well it has me . I do no what helps
me in times of panic . I will just get out and think hard just how good life was
befor this all started in my life .

Anxiety now days is like a thing in my life that just makes me mad
after thinking about all the things i have missed out on . Man it kills me .
I do no that if you have one panic attack it dont mean you will have more keep
that in mind . my best to you . Boat ride

dan08
21-09-11, 00:38
Hi boat ride, Thanks for your reply.

It's good to hear other peoples experiences, however bad they may be, I honestly thought I was alone with this and I've only been 'aware' of my anxiety disorder for 2-3 years.

Do you find that you are worse in certain situations or donyou feel anxious all of the time on a daily basis? I find it strange that it only happens with me in certain places and situations, on the whole I'm a calm person.

Dan

daybyday
21-09-11, 01:28
People here will validate any degree of anxiety as important. So you are in good company here. Whether it is sometimes, 24/7, and in an degree of intensity.
:welcome:

boat ride
05-11-11, 01:16
Hi boat ride, Thanks for your reply.

It's good to hear other peoples experiences, however bad they may be, I honestly thought I was alone with this and I've only been 'aware' of my anxiety disorder for 2-3 years.

Do you find that you are worse in certain situations or donyou feel anxious all of the time on a daily basis? I find it strange that it only happens with me in certain places and situations, on the whole I'm a calm person.

Dan

Hi dan

Fort the first 6 or so years it was a mess i did not leave the
house for 3 long years , My anxiety comes all day every day
i just dill with it well now . dont get me wrong there is day's
when i put my head in a in a hole and hide .

I have some good skill's now after 20 long years .
It has been a long road and a lot of anxiety/panic to.
if you wont to pm me my be i could get a littl more in
to what has help me ?? I have a anxiety support group
for years now . it has been great .

Thanks boat ride

kirgray
05-11-11, 13:43
Hi Dan, can totally relate to you, in que's i go dizzy, feel the need to escape and cant focus, i always use a trolley now think its my security blanket lol. Ive had mine on and off since being in school and im 33 now, just started on meds as always been scared to try! and hopefully will go to an axiety class soon! PM me if you need a chat ive got lots of anxiety history!!