PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and UTI s

hyg
20-09-11, 23:22
Hi girls,
Ive always suffered with cystitis- some years are worse than others-this year has been a nightmare as had about 9 attacks and all treated with antibiotics. I dont know why I keep getting it (all my scans etc are normal) Ive recently moved and registered with a new Gp who doesnt seem as sympathic as my old one who was lovely. This new one is reluctant to give me ABs for it even though they work as he says my urine samples dont show enough bacteria and it could be anxiety causing the symptoms ! Ive been on citalopram for 7 weeks now and in the second week had a uti. Anyone else had this ? I dont think anxiety alone can cause this-unless it makes my immune system low. Thing is its stressing me out now as I know Ill get it again and in my head Im getting ready for a confrontation with the Gp if he doesnt give me anything to treat it.-I really miss my old GP !:unsure:

hyg
20-09-11, 23:41
Thanks for reply,
Yes I drink plenty and take a food supplement called d mannose which helps to flush e coli from the bladder walls ! I do seem to get the classic symptoms and if it gets real bad then I get kidney pain too. I am 45 so maybe getting peri menopausal-which I know can cause it. Its such a miserable thing to have like you say-and I do find female gps are more sympathetic than male ones !!

daybyday
20-09-11, 23:55
I have found a gp male holistic dr. who is very sympathetic.
Now to find a gyn, the same. I will have to ask him, who he knows that is like him. :-)
My periods stopped at age 45. Those lower hormones sure cause problems sometimes.